𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲?

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

for most of her life, y/n l/n had been an only child. her mother worked down to the bone; a single woman with two mouths to feed was a lot, she couldn't do a third. this fact saddened ms. l/n's daughter entirely, as y/n dreamed of having a baby sibling to take care of. she hoped to be one of those cool older sisters she'd seen in movies with connie, the ones who painted their sister's nails and made mac n' cheese for their little brother.

because y/n didn't have one of her own, any district fiver who had a younger sibling knew y/n as their official babysitter. jesse and terry hall loved whenever y/n came around to watch baby anthony, due to the fact that neither jesse nor terry liked watching him that often. but, y/n didn't mind. the 3-year-old never fussed too much, only when his food touched on his plate or when his blocks weren't stacking the way he wanted them to. in a sense, y/n seemed much older than all the kids, (it wasn't that hard, considering that averman still found fart jokes funny.) so, when gordon bombay came into the picture and brought fulton reed along with him, it didn't shock the team when fulton and y/n started dating. y/n was a grade older than the team, so she was in seventh grade and fulton should've been with her, but he got held back. "you're both just so... mature! think about it, y/n/n. you're already wearing thongs and fulton's getting offers from high school for football. it's cute!" connie moreau explains to her best friend, as they both sift through racks in some department store.

connie's statement was true. fulton told her all about football on their second date, even though y/n didn't understand much about it. seated next to him in the booth, "i used to be a cheerleader, y'know! i could always still be one," a teasing lilt in her voice. y/n is fully aware of how shy fulton can be, and she grins once she sees red creep up his neck. he stayed silent, which made y/n laugh and shove at his shoulder.

y/n and fulton started officially dating after their first game with adam banks. they both seemed to be the only players okay with adam's arrival, aside from charlie, but he was the unnamed captain of their team. that night, fulton invited y/n over to his house for dinner with his family. "my mom's a bit much, she's gonna be all over you..." he trails off, as they walk with their hands intertwined. y/n shrugged, swinging their connected joints back and forth. truly, y/n didn't mind. despite her desperate want for a baby sibling, the l/n girl did enjoy how her mother doted on her. it was a case of only child syndrome, the effects were unpredictable. fulton, however, was not an only child. he had two older sisters, avery and quinn. they were much older than him, but still fawned over him every chance they got. fulton didn't see his sisters much, considering avery just settled into her new house in st. paul, and quinn literally just got done having a baby. yep, his parents had their first grandchild a month or two ago, and fulton was ecstatic to be an uncle.

"ma! baby's here! and he brought a girl." avery reed yells once she opens the front door, grinning widely at the cute girl who held hands with her baby brother. fulton's head hung low at the mention of his nickname, while y/n just bit back her laugh. oh, she is so bringing that up later! fulton led y/n inside, stopping to hug his sister, whom he towered over. clearing his throat, "aves, this is my girlfriend, y/n. y/n, meet my oldest sister, avery," as y/n is engulfed in a hug. so far, 2/5 of the reed family were good huggers.

the young couple are then ushered into the kitchen, and the remaining reed's are all over the place. mrs. reed is hunched over the stove, slapping at mr. reed's hand that's inching towards the pot. quinn is sitting at the table, baby jonah in her lap and her husband, holden, next to her. y/n's eyes light up at the sight of a baby, whose eyes resembled fulton's so closely! mr. reed turns around, "aren't ya gonna introduce your girl to your old man?" that explains fulton's stature. mr. reed looked to be a good six foot, maybe even more than that standing. yet, mr. reed hardly looks menacing, and y/n knows that her boyfriend has that in common with his father. "pops, this is y/n. y/n, my dad, zack. that's my ma, june. and there's quinn with her husband, holden, and my favorite nephew, jonah." fulton informed, a proud smile on his lips. zack reed ruffled fulton's hair, then bear-hugging y/n. she fails to stifle her laughs, she'd never felt so at ease! scoffing playfully, "he's only your favorite nephew because he's the first grandkid! say 'hi' to uncle fulton, buddy," before quinn raises jonah's hand and makes him wave to the teenager.