8. They See Me Rollin', They Hatin'

Cataliya's P.O.V

I woke up to two arms tightly wrapped around me. I wriggled a bit only to get a groan out of the person who was holding me so tight. I stiffened. I turned my head around to come face to face with Elliane. I sighed a breath of relief, which was soon replaced by confusion and curiosity.

"Elliane. Elliane, wake up." I whispered into her ear. I looked around for the time and saw it was 5:17 AM. Surprisingly, I found myself in my room.

How she knew my address, I had no idea. 

I tried to relax. I still had time for school. Oddly enough, I didn't feel so bad even though a thousand questions were running through my mind. I felt like I knew Elliane. This feeling, being so close to her, was so oddly familiar. I was very sure I never saw her before, but then again, everything was so messed up in my life, I didn't know anything anymore.

After almost half hour just lying on the bed like that, I decided to finally get up. I desperately needed to take a shower.

"Elliane. Elliane, wake up!" I wriggled once again.

"Cataliya, ohh. You're awake! Wait, how are you feeling?" She quickly let go of me as she sat up, yawning, then stretching. "I'm so sorry I fell asleep on you that way! I was just so tired, and you were passed out. So, I thought a little sleep wouldn't hurt. Was it too much?"

"I'm feeling relatively alright. And, it's alright. It actually felt nice to have someone beside me." I smiled at her. It did feel nice to have her beside me. Like, I was with my sister. Hell, even Annabeth wasn't so nice to me that she'd sleep so close to me.

She beamed at me. "Ooh, and I'm sorry I borrowed your clothes without permission." I looked at her and realized she was wearing a pair of my sweatpants and loose black tops. She looked adorable.

"It's alright. Don't worry 'bout it." I smiled at her. I couldn't fail to notice how I constantly smiled when I was with her. I haven't been that way for a while. "I need to get ready for school, but I really need to talk to you about last night."

"Well, get ready for school. We can talk after that. Meet me at the food court near the mall at six." She ushered me into the bathroom.

"Wait, don't you have school?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yes.. No. It's complicated. I can't explain. I need to go. Bye!" She ran out of the room before I could say anything else.

The most surprising part of all this was the fact that my family did not bother to annoy me even once.

I pulled out a deep red t-shirt with white bold italics saying 'WHAT A FINE DAY!' from one of the packets I had bought last night, which were neatly kept in front of my closet. I pulled out a pair of white jeans and took some fresh underwear from my closet and ran into the bathroom for a shower.

I gasped as I saw myself in the mirror. It wasn't because of how I looked, but it was my eyes. They were a dark shade of green now. The exact shade Michael had.

I shook my head to recheck and saw it was dark brown. That was weird. Damn, I was messed up. Adding hallucinations to the list of issues that I was already dealing with, wow.

I splashed some water into my face and looked up to see it was dark green again. Going crazy, right here, freaking amazing.

I ignored it and stood under the shower for some time. The cold water soothed me.

I rubbed myself clean. I felt fresh and also looked fresh. If only I could get a fresh life, too.

I wore my clothes after I was done. I felt so different, yet not really. I was one to always wear dark clothes. 80% of my closet was dark coloured clothes.