23. Moving To A Different Pack?

Cataliya's P.O.V.

I jumped up as I felt as if somebody dumped a huge bucket of cold water on me. When I looked around, nobody was there.

I sighed a breath of relief when I saw the seal was still in my hand. It wasn't glowing anymore. Weird.

I got up and walked to my dresser, rummaging through the drawers in an attempt to find a chain. I couldn't find one, so I put the seal back in its box and placed it behind the wall.

I looked at the time. It was almost midnight. Looking out of the window, I saw most of the lights were out. That was good for what I was planning.

My plan was messed up and it was not easy. I had to get a territory map and I only knew David who had that, so I probably needed to break in for that. Then I needed to get the fake Keyla and Adam. The fake Keyla could help me become invisible and pass through the nearby territories.

I needed to get Adam because I felt the need to protect him. If I was going to form a pack, he'd be the first member in it, after me. I'd like to make him my beta or gamma, but I didn't think he was strong enough. That boy was traumatised and I had no intention of putting any burdens on him.

I wished I could take Elliane with me, but I couldn't risk her life. She was better here. Plus, dad needed her. How I wish I could have dad by me. I missed him so much all this time, and now that he's here, I'm leaving. My ego was making my life difficult for me and it was not okay.

After getting them and the map, I'd go to a place out of the reach of wolves and other supernatural creatures and build my own pack there. That was the main plan and it had so many flaws, but it had to work for now.

I opened my the door of my room and walked to the front door of the house quietly. Thank goodness that the lights were off and nobody was around. It made my task easier.

I closed the door behind me and ran off to the basement I hid the fake Keyla in. I looked around to check if anybody was around, and when I saw nobody was, I opened the metal door on the ground and jumped down. It was very dark inside, due to the lack of any lighting. I blinked a few times to get adjusted to the darkness.

I became still and heard for the sound of her breathing or her beating heart, but I didn't get any. I started to panic, so I took a long breath for a smell, and again, found none.

I face palmed, when all of a sudden I remembered that it was normal. I could barely see her spying on us without my seer vision.

I shook my head a bit and really concentrated. I panicked. Either it wasn't working or she had escaped. But that wasn't possible because everything looked exactly how I had left it.

As if something hit my head, it started hurting. I looked back only to feel my eyes hurt. What in the world was happening?

A shiver ran up my spine as I felt a blow in my neck, as if somebody breathed out. I had goosebumps all over my body as I whipped my head around.

I squinted my eyes and looked around more. I wasn't angry. I was scared, a bit.

I closed my eyes and pictured myself burning. I opened my eyes to a fire lit up basement. I turned around with a ball of fire in my palm. What was happening? Why was I not burning as a whole? Why were my 'powers' not working?