20. Caught

Cataliya's P.O.V.

"You're not getting away from me this time." I whispered as I ran after her. The her I hadn't realized was actually Keyla.

I ran faster as we neared the borders. She was slipping away. I never knew she was this fast at running.

"Are you really gonna cross the border after me?" Keyla yelled in a mocking manner. I could even picture her smirking face with a mocking look.

"If that is what it takes to catch you, then yes." I whispered to myself. She probably thought I wouldn't cross the border and I knew what she would do right after she crossed the border.

And she did exactly what I'd thought. She stopped right after stepping out of the border and turned around to face me. I stopped as well, knowing what she's going to try. I was prepared for it too.

"What? Too afraid to cross the border? Too afraid they're gonna get you?" She mocked me with a smirk. So predictable.

I tilted my head to get a good look around her. I could see heads hidden behind the trees. They were lurking.

That I was not prepared for. I couldn't take them all on my own. I didn't think I had reached my full potential for that. I knew I couldn't do much anyway, but at least I'd be better if I knew everything about myself.

"I always knew you were the omega bitch. Murderer or not, you're still a worthless unshifted loser." She laughed at me.

I was so close, so close to losing my calm façade. One more comment and I'd lose it. 

"There are quite a few rumours out there, about you, but what they don't know is that you haven't even shifted yet. You are nothing they speak of. You're a waste." She laughed at me. That was it.

"Shut up, Keyla." I gritted out from between my clenched teeth. She laughed harder at that, holding her stomach. Why was she laughing?

"You're so stupid. I'm not Keyla." She spat her name. "She's such a loser. She couldn't even fight me off. She's an insult to the whole werewolf species." Her voice was venomous.

If she wasn't Keyla, then who was she and where was the real Keyla? A hundred questions exploded in my mind like a firecracker as I looked at her carefully.

"Who are you, then?" I questioned.

"I wish I could tell you, but I can't, so fucking deal with it. What are you even going to do about it? You're powerless." She laughed. Right.

"I would catch you." I whispered as I took my chances and pulled her inside the border line in a quick motion by her hand. It definitely took her off guard because she was looking at me with surprise.

"You're so done, B." I muttered. Sudden rage hit through me as I felt myself burning up. I wasted no time and held into the fake Keyla's arm as she hissed in pain.

"What the fuck are you?" She tried getting rid of me by thrashing around but that only made me grip her harder. I dragged her towards the pack house in a fast pace.

I'd glace back once in a while to check if anybody or anything was following us and fortunately there was nothing. I couldn't feel anybody following us which meant actually nobody was following us.

"You might as well start talking because you won't have it easy when we get to the pack house." I said in a monotonous way.

"You can't do shit to me. Not you." She glared at me and I gripped her hand tighter. Her arm was burning and it was making me sick, but she wouldn't talk and she was a rogue, so I had to continue being rough.