10. Numb

Cataliya's P.O.V

After an hour long of maths class, I felt tired; physically and mentally. I heard whispers about me the whole day.

I was in the locker hall when I felt the pain. I felt like I was being electrocuted by thousands of volts of electricity. I fell to my knees and screamed. People gathered around me.

I heard somebody screaming afar, as well. It was Asher. He was in pain, just like me. What was even happening?

I screamed even louder when another wave of pain hit me. 

My eyes got all blurry and when I touched them, all I saw was blood. I was bleeding again. What was it with me these days, getting hurt and bleeding through eyes? It was so unnatural.

I was on the floor, clutching my face and screaming. The pain only doubled and I screamed louder, if that was even possible.

"Cataliya, what's happening to you? Why are you screaming?" Amber stood in front of me. I looked up at her and she gasped, along with a lot of people who were surrounding me.

"Her eyes! She's a.." Keyla gaped at me, pushing past Amber. "Cole!" She screamed. What about my eyes? What did they look like?

"Somebody go help Asher." I croaked out. "He's in the woods. I can hear them. He's alone, outnumbered. Keyla, call Cole and Chase and go to the woods. He needs you." I could smell them, and hear them. There were 16 of them. Some of them were laughing and taunting him, about me. I could smell their distinct royal - roguish smell.

As if finally Keyla heard Asher's scream, she ran out of the school yelling commands at some people to find Cole and Chase and go to the woods.

"Amber, go. They need you. Cole can't fight them off alone. They have powers and you know it. You know you can help them. Go." I knew secrets nobody did. I felt everything. I could sense everything. Just like I could sense Amber's wolf's burning spirit. Nobody knew what Amber was. Nobody ever even saw her wolf, except Chase and her family.

Amber's wolf's spirit was a really old one, almost nine hundred years. Even David's wolf wasn't that old. Amber's wolf was a white wolf with streaks of shiny golden all over it. I saw her wolf once.

Her wolf was really strong and wise. She had this power that even I couldn't understand. I could only sense that it was powerful and strong. How she got destined with a dipshit like Chase, I had no idea.

Amber gaped at me while I tried to gather myself up in pain. "Go!" I commanded, making some of the people around me jump. Where I got that tone from, I had no idea.

I stood up, only to fall down again, but this time somebody held me, so I didn't crash. "Thanks, Caden." I said, as I looked behind me to see who held me. It was Caden.

He merely nodded and helped me stand properly. The pain had decreased by a bit, but I was numb. I tried to run by Caden stopped me. He didn't let go of me wrist. His grip was strong.

"Let go, Caden. I don't want you to get hurt again." I did not know what came over to me. It was not even my voice. My voice was lighter and did not hold such power.

Caden's eyes widened as he released my wrist and took a step back. "I'm so sorry Caden. I don't know what came on to me. It wasn't me. I-I'm sorry!" Drops of tears slid down my cheeks. 

"I know it wasn't you. You're not like that. Just go, Cataliya." Caden gave me a look filled with sorrow and left, with me standing there dumbfounded.

I decided not to waste anymore time and ran towards the woods. 

A pair of hands stopped me from going any further, when I was half way through the woods. I was running so fast that it caused the both of us to fall to the ground, as who ever tried to stop me held me from my back.

My back was on the ground and I was facing him. After 2 days. He was on top of me, giving me a stern look Why was he looking at me like that? I furiously pushed him off me.

"Blade." I gritted out, glaring daggers at him. The look that was on his face replaced with a frown.

"Cataliya, you are not mad at me, are you?" He looked at me, confused.

"Are you serious?" I raised an eyebrow. Him being like this was unbelievable.

"Very." 

"Ofcourse, I am! You know what? Just leave, like you did yesterday. Why did you even bother coming back? I don't need you. Go." I demanded, irritated. I knew I was being irrational and stupid. He was my mate. He probably had something important to do. I knew my emotions were getting the best of me but I was so mad. He didn't have the right to promise me that he wouldn't leave me, but then actually leave without informing me, and then return later.

"What do you mean by why I'm back? I never left?" His answer sounded more like a question. 

"Oh, yeah. It's not like you ever said you wouldn't ever leave me, then disappeared when I woke up." I accused in a very sarcastic tone.

"I'm sorry. I knew I shouldn't have left before you had woken up. I really am sorry." He looked directly into my eyes with a look that demanded for forgiveness.

I turned around to leave, only to get stopped by him again. "Let me go, Blade." I glared at him.

"I said I'm sorry!" I gave him a pointed look. I tried to get my wrist out of his grasp, but he wouldn't budge. He was too strong.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax. I was too emotional, and that needed to stop.

"Why didn't you just wake me up before you left? Why did you leave me like that? You promised you wouldn't leave me. You freaking promised me!" I hit him on his chest as he let go of my wrist. Drops of tears slid down my face. Everybody who mattered to me always had their ways of leaving me.

"Why would you do that to me? Was I too ugly for you too? Why did you promise me you'll stay? Are you back now because I got a makeover?" I hit him more, weakly. I was being very irrational, but I couldn't stop myself.

"What? No! You were never ugly! I had work. I know I messed it all up, and I'm sorry. Would you not give me a second chance?" He looked at m expectantly. "You may not need me but I need you. I'm really sorry, Cataliya. I had important work. I shouldn't have left. I'm sorry." He tried to wrap his arms around me, but I pushed him away.

A howl in near distance made me go wild and snapped me out of all this cliché drama. It was his howl. Asher.

"Fine. Just don't do it again." With that, I took off.

I kept running until I reached the place. The scene before me left me speechless and shocked. I screamed too, at the top of my lungs.

I was shocked to say the least. I stumbled back, away from all the eyes that were on me. This just couldn't be happening! My life just turned upside down.