9. Dead

Asher's P.O.V

"Hey man! How have ya been?" Chase asked, as he got to school. We were standing outside school building.

How had I been? Sick. Bruised. And highly hurt. 

"I've been great. What about you, dude? You look sick." I commented.

"Yeah. Last night, this chick came into our house with Cataliya in her arms. She looked directly at me and I don't know what she did, but I was out. Today I woke up in my room and saw this." He pulled his shirt up. My eyes grew wide. He had bruises all over his body. He looked bad. "Let me get that bitch today after school. I'll treat her right."

"How do you know you'll meet her after school? You're gonna hit a girl?" I questioned, bewildered.

"I'm talking about Cataliya." He stated as it was so obvious.

I clenched my jaws and he noticed that.

"What's wrong with you? Get over her already! She's worthless! You'll find somebody way better." That even made me angrier. Only she'd be perfect for me, that's why she's my mate.

"Like you would know the pain." I grumbled.

"Hey guys- Woah! You both look sick! What happened to you both overnight?" Cole asked, surprised.

"Some chick did this to me." Chase again lifted his shirt up and showed Cole his bruised body. "And Asher, well he looks sick because of the mate bond and Cataliya and shit."

I looked sick? I was sick. Couldn't they see how much I was hurting? It was all because of them.

"Ow! Man, that hurts! Why would you do that to me?" Chase's outburst brought me out of my train of thoughts.

"I was just checking if it hurt or not." With that, Cole poked Chase again, at which he hissed.

They kept bickering for a few minutes more. I dozed off. I needed to get Cataliya back. 

When there was just five minutes left for classes to start, I went inside the building.

I heard a series of comments just as I entered the locker hall.

"Did she get a makeover so that Asher would accept her? What a loser!"

"Hey man! Don't say stuff like that. You wouldn't know how it might feel like to be rejected! It must be so hard for her. Nobody loves her, you know." Two dudes high-fived, laughing.

"Wow, alright. You lifeless asshats sure do need to get a life. And no, I did not do this for Asher. I don't need him to accept me. I don't care about him, anyone, neither do I need anyone. So, don't flatter yourselves. Also, you're all losers yourselves! Nobody loves you guys either. So, suck it." Cataliya yelled.

So much for getting her back. She hated me already. How was I going to live with that?

Some of the girls who were standing beside me gasped, which made Cataliya look at where I was standing.

She stared at me with a blank expression. How could she not be hurt? Was she pretending to not be hurt? Did she even realize how much her words hurt me?

I clenched my fists and jaw. I've never wanted to hit something so bad in my life. I needed to get all the frustration out of my system. So, I did what I thought was the best at that moment. I ran out of the school grounds, but not before giving Cataliya one last look.

She looked beautiful. Very beautiful. How could other people not see it? 

It's been 8 years that I hadn't seen her smile. I had only seen her cry, and I never helped her. I never helped her recover from Michael's death. I never tried to console her for once.

I was trash. I was just as much of an as asshole as Chase and others were, if not worse. I screamed out loud and hit trees. I was in the woods now. I kept punching the tree until my hands were numb.

I slid down the tree and cried out loud. I couldn't help but cry. Tears slid down my face. I was so pathetic. I was an ass, and there's nothing I could do to make it all better. Cataliya made it clear that she absolutely hated me. What was I supposed to do?

After an hour or so, when I got up to return to school, I was hit with a truck of pain. I felt like I was being electrocuted with hundreds and thousands of volts of electricity. I fell on my knees and clenched my jaws, and screamed when I couldn't take it in anymore.

There was a faint smell of rogue. I looked around me and saw them. There were at least twelve of them. I was outnumbered. I could never make it out alive.

They all looked at the direction of school and I mentally cursed. Even my pain felt nothing at the time when I heard Cataliya's gut wrenching scream. She was in pain, just like me. She screeched like a banshee, so loud, so harsh and so filled with pain.

They all looked back at me and some of them smirked. Yeah. Definitely got going to live after this day.

____________________

Pic on top of Cole.