25. "Let's team up."

Cole's P.O.V

I was so mad. I couldn't help but pity myself. So many things were happening behind my back and I had no idea. I was so wrapped up in abusing Cataliya, I hadn't realized how wrong I was about everything.

I punched the punching bag harder and let out a cry of frustration. I kept hitting it until it fell off its hook.

I couldn't find my mate, nor could I protect my pack. I didn't even know what was going on. I was pathetic. Cataliya was right. I was a shit mate and a shit alpha.

"Calm down, Cole. You'll get her." Caden commented as I kicked the table where I had my water bottle and other necessities. The dark basement was lit up with only one light, which made Caden look darker and scarier.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I can't figure out why Keyla would spy on others. I don't think she is a traitor. She couldn't be. But she was so different when I last saw her. Almost as if she was a different person." I choked while drinking water when sudden realization hit me.

That was because she was a different person! Who I thought was Keyla all this while was somebody else. She was the one who was spying. The real Keyla was nicer. And I had no idea where she was.

It all made sense now. When I first met Keyla, she was sweeter and nicer. She was perfect, but after a while, she changed drastically. And I was foolish to not notice that. But she always treated me so nicely.

I pushed past Caden standing by the door and ran out of the basement and up the stairs and out of our house.

"Dad, there are two Keylas. I mean, there's only one who's real, but then there's another one who's pretending to be Keyla." I informed, barging into his office in the pack house. I was gobsmacked when I saw Keyla sitting there on the couch. Both of them turned their heads towards me when they heard my voice.

"Cole." Keyla called, standing up from her seat. I held my hand for her to stop, which she did. I had no idea if she was real or fake, and I had no intention on taking risks.

"A girl named Dani had trapped her in the pack dungeon and disguised herself as Keyla to spy on us." I raised my eyebrow. "Keyla escaped when Kale locked a rogue there yesterday."

"If she escaped yesterday, where was she all this time? I only met you today morning. Where were you before that? How are you so sure that she isn't Dani and the real Keyla? I find it so doubtful. Was Dani that strong that she couldn't stop her? For God's sake dad, she's an alpha female! How can she not beat her?" I growled.

"I don't know what exactly happened. Maybe she did something, but it's like I remember everything she did even though I wasn't there. I was unconscious most of the time. I tried fighting back, but she was too strong. You have to believe me, Cole." She came towards me.

"Too strong? She was too strong? Are you being serious?" I spat. Who was she kidding?

"She is a half demon wolf, Cole." Dad calmly replied.

"So what if she was? Keyla's wolf's an alpha wolf. She's stronger than a half demon wolf. How could you ask me to believe you both? There's no way in hell she's the real Keyla. I trained Keyla myself. She fought almost as good as me. If she was Keyla, she could've fought back." With that I walked out of the pack house and into the woods.

I transformed into my wolf and started running to blow off some of my frustrations. Nothing she said made sense. There was only one person who could tell me anything and I hurt her more than anybody could've.