Arc 1: THE HOUSE: Trial, family and rock (part 2)

Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!! Thanks for all the votes, the comments..Hope you'll have a good year!

Enjoy this chapter! (and sorry for the mistakes)

_______________________________________________________________________________

The encounter with this mysterious thief occupied Dan's mind for about three more days, during which the young boy scoured the news every morning looking for a guy whohad been arrested for some robbery, but finding nothing, he immediately lost interest. All this was then relegated to the background, neck-to-neck with another meeting that was fading away,while the foreground was occupied with the preparation of his brother's birthday.

The week before D-Day was devoted tothe table plan (apparently, her parents were a fan of the Middle Ages feast, with extension tables and all) and the choice of outfits.Since all the outfits in his closet were deemed too simple for such aspecial party, his mother brought in a renowned tailor to make him a tailor-made outfit. Thus, Dan had to submit to a proper parade, just before lunch.

First pass: a little wide trousers anda shirt, both white and a light blue jacket with golden buttons.

"Too simple, was the Duchess's judgment. "

Second pass: black trousers, a white shirt and a deep night blue jacket embroidered with silver threads.

"Not bad, but can do better. »

And this continued for about half an hour, the noblewoman finding indefinitely adjectives to express her rejection. Just as Dan was about to crash from exhaustion, his mother said:

"That. »

There was a sigh of simultaneous relief from Dan and the tailor as he looked at the chosen outfit. A white shirt (definitely, he was never going to escape it) underneath a sky blue suit-style jacket embroidered with gold threads with fitted white pants, slightly loose.

Dan agreed: it was pretty good.

"Hmm. . . Something's missing. »

They all froze and looked at theDuchess digging through the baskets.

"I saw him earlier. . . where the hell did he go? »

After a few minutes of searching, she pulled a silver brooch from an accessory box surmounted by a yellow flower.

"There you are", she smiled, hanging it on the chest pocket of the jacket, "there, you are perfect! »

Dan looked at himself in the mirror: he was perfect indeed. For a seven-year-old, anyway. He turned on himself to admire himself from all sides.

"Do you like it, sweetheart?

-That's perfect! Thank you, Mom! »

And he went to give a big hug to the Duchess who smiled softly. All those present smiled at the sight.

"How cute they are", the tailor murmured.

"Indeed", the butler Rems smiled,"we are blessed to see such scenes every week. "

-. . . . Do I hear a burst of boasting dear brother-in-law?

-You're imagining things, Saens. »

They exchanged a small electric glance under the half-bored, half-amused eyes of the rest of the staff, before the voice of the Duchess interrupted them:

"Sir Saens, since my son has agreed,I'm counting on you to bring him back to me within two days. Afterall, it seems to me that you have to. . . add the associated shoes.