2

Chapter Two - Target

Judah Jackson's P.O.V.

I wake up and immediately groan at the bright sunlight filtering through the window. Stretching my hand, I block the sun from hitting my eyes and inhale deeply only to grimace at the smell of sweat, smoke and a sickly-sweet perfume. With a raspy grunt I sit up and rub the area where I was shot eight months ago.

I spot the blonde woman snoring softly on my right and frown when I realize I'm in an unfamiliar bedroom. But my raging headache soon reminds me about last night's party. What was her name? Alex? Alexandra? Hell, was it Abby? Fuck it...who cares anyways, I think to myself. With a big yawn I clamber out of the bed as quietly as I can before getting dressed.

"Mason?"

I freeze before turning around with a sweet smile. I faintly remember giving her a fake name. "Hey sweetheart."

"Where are you going?" The woman rubs her eye with a confused frown.

"Just going to make us breakfast." I murmur as I step closer and stroke her hair. "Go back to sleep. I'll wake you up when it's ready."

"You're so sweet." She smiles sleepily before laying back down.

I wink at her before leaving the room with no intentions of sticking around. Snagging an apple on my way out of the unknown woman's apartment I take the lift downstairs. The sight that greets me outside, however, makes me want to turn right back. My shoulders sag and I release an overdramatic groan as I come to a stop.

"Get in fucker!" Kenzo yells loudly as he hangs halfway out of the car.

I roll my eyes and slip inside without a word. Aiden, who's in the driver's seat, merges in with the traffic on the busy streets of London. As soon as the traffic clears though Aiden's green eyes meet mine. I all but plead him with my eyes not to start his lecture on me being careless.

He runs a hand over his braids before shaking his head. "You need to be careful...especially now that Quintana has eyes on you."

"Well, thankfully I finalized my will ages ago." I reply with a nonchalant shrug.

"Who gets the properties and cars?" Kenzo asks excitedly.

"You guys."

"Fuck off! Really?!" He shouts as he turns to face me while gripping the headrest.

"No." I smirk and his grin quickly switches to a scowl.

"Bitch."

"He's got his parents and five brothers dumbass! Of course, you're not going to get anything!" Aiden slaps the steering wheel as he laughs loudly.

I look out the window with a content smile as they argue. Me, Kenzo and Aiden became friends at college when I came to London. We were in our first year trying to fit in and became close when we sat by each other in one of the classes we shared. Kenzo had muttered a rude remark about the lecturer to himself which made me and Aiden laugh, he had turned around to us and we just got to talking.

Kenzo grew up in Seoul, South Korea but his dad who's from the UK got a better job and moved them back here when Kenzo was ten. He's muscular with pale skin, dark brown eyes and black hair. His features are a mix of his mum, who's South Korean, and his dad who hails from here.

Aiden, on the other hand, is an African American who came to London when he was thirteen years old. His parents would move around a lot for work but eventually settled down here. He's a slim guy with deep brown skin and black hair that he mostly keeps in braids.