8

Chapter Eight - Preventions

Cleaning my body while trying not to get my bandages wet is one thing I don't think I'll ever master. Rinsing the shampoo from my hair I then struggle to rinse the soap off the rest of my skin. Eventually I get up from the stool with a tired breath before changing into my clothes. If I had my skincare I'd no doubt be drowning my body in moisturizer by now.

Tying my wet hair in a sloppy bun I make my way to the meeting room where everyone sits including Judah. I take a seat and thank my lucky stars that I'm not facing Griffin otherwise I would've gouged my own eyes out. We start off with the topic of transportation routes my father uses.

"He uses all the Venezuelan ports to ship weapons and drugs but it's a different one every time. Nobody knows until a few hours before shipment and that information is only provided to his inner circle."

"Are you in this circle?" Griffin asks and I cross my arms.

"I'm the one on the ground to handle interference...so, yes."

"What systems do they use?" Judah asks as he sits up in his chair. I rattle off all the operating, tracking, and hacking systems we use which he notes down on a piece of paper. He grins smugly as he taps his pen on the sheet. "I can hack into most of these but will need time with the last two. They're a bit more complex."

"Good." Griffin nods as he types away on his laptop.

"Which other countries does he use for transport?" Cole asks with a thoughtful frown.

"I only know that he uses Mexico sometimes...well, with Santos gone someone else has stepped up to the plate to run things –"

"Who?" Griffin cuts me off with his demand.

I glare at him for interrupting me before answering. "Nobody knows except my father."

"We need you to find out when we send you back." He grunts as he resumes typing.

I notice Judah glance at me at the mention of me leaving but he doesn't say anything. Instead, his brows furrow as he stares down at the papers before him. There's a brief pause before Griffin turns to fully face me.

"Sex and human trafficking. What do you know about it?"

"He buys people from all around the world then they're transported to the highest bidder to work or pushed into brothels and strip clubs." I explain while rubbing my shoulder when it starts to ache.

Parker notices and slides two painkillers my way which I take with a grateful smile. He winks in response and I fight hard not to chuckle before downing the glass of water. Judah's eyes meet mine as soon as I put the glass down and they flicker to Parker before he looks away. I frown in confusion before Reece captures my attention.

"Before we caught you a group of people escaped one of your bases in El Amparo. What happened there?" She asks and I glance at the stack of papers before her that are brimming with information.

"I let them out."

Everyone's eyes widen momentarily before Griffin speaks. "Were there repercussions?"

"Always." I reply curtly but of course, Griffin isn't familiar with personal boundaries. His mouth opens but I interrupt him. "We're not here to discuss that. Move on."

"Any other groups coming in that we can intercept?" Reece asks and I purse my lips.

"There's two coming in from Colombia...but I would advise letting them reach our bases as planned." I state and hold up my hand to silence them before they can get a word out. "If you intercept before I even get back to main base my dad will know I'm working with you. You'd be blowing your cover before you can achieve anything."