16

Chapter Sixteen - In Motion

Two Months Later.

I open the door to Cameron's communications room before making my way to the numerous screens he was standing in front of. My gaze immediately latches onto the ship carrying numerous containers of our drugs and weapons. It's a shipment worth millions of dollars, one that dad was relying on to arrive successfully in Spain. Everything has gone according to plan...until Judah hacked into the ship's systems and rerouted it to a completely different port. It now comes down to the last few minutes where the ship must dock.

"Stop on the right...yes, there. Wait for the supervisor to exit that blue door." I instruct the team who are listening from my hair clip. "Okay...all clear."

Even though I'm not there I still flinch slightly when Reece blows up the ship which takes out a massive chunk of the port. Cameron releases a breath of relief before grinning at me. I roll my eyes playfully as we watch chaos ensue.

"Judah...is a fucking genius!" Cameron breathes as he leans forward against the table.

"You say that every time Cam."

"He literally hacked into the ships' systems and blew it up! How?!" He exclaims with a wide grin as he watches the live view of workers running away.

"He had the help of Reece, Falcon Security's explosives tech." I laugh lightly as I make my way over to the screens again. "Any word from dad yet?"

He glances down at his phone before shaking his head. "Nothing still. I bet he has eyes on this though and already knows. He's been losing his mind with everything going wrong these past two months."

"So...next plan of action? Shift his suspicion onto one of his enemies?" I ask while crossing my arms. "Who does he suspect the most right now?"

"Alejandra Santos in Mexico." He smirks and my eyes widen in realization that Santos' daughter has stepped up to run his business. "He trusts her as far as he can throw her...which isn't very far. Always spouting bullshit about how women can't run these empires because of their soft hearts and other shit."

"Of course, he'd say that!" I scoff with a roll of my eyes.

"How's work going? Any trouble?"

"It's shit." I mumble as I scuff my shoe against the carpet. "And no trouble. I've been careful."

"Keep your chin up. He hasn't said anything but I'm sure he's noticed you've been good recently." He squeezes my shoulder with a comforting smile. "I'll try talking to him about moving you off again okay?"

Before I can respond though the door opens and our father marches in. His eyes meet mine and narrow as he shuts the door non too gently. I stand straight as he stops before me, not even greeting or acknowledging Cameron who looks on worriedly.

"Why are you in here?" He finally speaks in a gruff tone.

"Reporting to Cam...like you told me to."

I gasp when he curls his hands around my throat and slams me against the wall. "If you're involved in this shit in any way Marcella I –"

"Dad!" Cameron seethes as he pulls him off and stands in front of me protectively. "She's been serving her punishment without any trouble! How would she be involved when we've got eyes on her and she doesn't leave the base without anyone?! Quit being unreasonable!"

He only stares at me with a hard look as if he didn't hear Cameron at all. I glare at him as I rub my sore neck where he had squeezed mercilessly. I wouldn't be surprised if his intention was to kill me. After what seems like hours his gaze slides to Cameron before he takes in all the screens.