30

Chapter Thirty - Sweet Life

Early April.

"Love?" Judah calls from down the hall as I finish applying my rose-colored lipstick. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, just let me put my shoes on!" I shout back as I rise from the chair and grab the silver heels.

He walks in as I'm about to sit down and I chuckle when his eyes widen before flooding with desire. "Wow!"

Judah's taking me out on a date night with a fancy dress code. He surprised me with a royal blue midi dress with sequin work all over it in lines and patches. The bodice is tight and held up by straps whereas the skirt flares down to my legs. I've paired the look with long silver earrings and rings while choosing to keep my hair straight and sleek.

"I clean up quite nicely huh?" I wink as he kneels before me and puts my heels on for me.

"You look beautiful my little dove." He murmurs tenderly as he tucks my hair behind my ear. "Like a badass goddess and a sweet angel all wrapped into one."

I bite my lip as a blush warms my cheeks. "You look very handsome too...but I bet you told yourself that already."

"Well, it's nice to hear all the same." He grins boyishly when I roll my eyes. "I mean it Mace, you look...absolutely gorgeous."

I glance at the mirror unsurely before meeting his gaze once more. "Thank you."

He sends me a knowing look and I shrug half-heartedly before standing. I haven't been feeling the most confident after acquiring so many new scars so my self-esteem is at an all-time low. I remember locking myself in the bathroom and crying for so long when the bandages were taken off my back.

Ever since then I've been covering it up but today is the first time in a while that I'm wearing something which shows my flawed skin. I'm starting to feel confident again with Judah's help and more importantly I'm learning to love myself more.

"I found a matching shawl too if you're not ready yet." He murmurs as he pulls it out of the bag I didn't notice he came in with.

That makes me tear up and I laugh as he wraps it around my shoulders. "It's beautiful, thank you Jude."

"Then why are you crying?" He asks softly with a confused frown.

"Just another moment where it's hit me how lucky I am to have you." I smile as I blink away the tears. "You make me feel so loved Judah. I appreciate everything you've done and continue to do for me."

"Of course, Macy. You're my person...the love of my life. I'd do anything to keep that smile on your face." He whispers as he cups my face and presses a lingering kiss to my forehead.

"I love you." I smile before kissing him. "And I've probably made us late for our dinner reservations so we should head out now."

"Give me a twirl first." He pleads as he pulls me up and steps back to admire me.

I stiffen at the thought of my scarred back before nodding hesitantly. I twirl and blush heavily when he wolf whistles. "Okay?"

"Do you want the nice version or the dirty one?"

That makes me laugh loudly. "A mix of both please."

"I'm honored to be the one who gets to make you feel loved. You're sinful Macy and you don't even know it." He breathes huskily and I bite my lip at the heavy desire in his tone. "You are perfection to me and you make me want to sin yet worship you at the same time."