Isn't She Lovely?

Author: ererisoma (Tumblr)

"Alright, class. Today we’re going to learn about Amortentia. Amortentia is the most powerful love potion ever, and to undo it is awfully hard."

You perked up at the sound of it, looking at (your lab partner) YLP/N. YLPN looked back, smiling widely. You both started to get your supplies, as you glanced at Draco. You had been crushing on him for years, and you were wondering what would come out of the love potion that represented him. Pine trees, salty water…his shampoo? Your heart jumped at the thought of it.

"Y/N, come on now. We’ve got to get started," YLP/N said, as they started to set up the glass tubes, cauldron, and beakers. You nodded ever so slightly as you started. Through out it all, you couldn’t help but keep glancing at Draco-himself, glancing back.

-

"Who would like to share?" asked Slughorn, as he smiled brightly at the students. No one dared to raise their hand. It’s a good thing he couldn’t see you well, so he couldn’t call on you. His eyes drifted across the crowd of kids until he finally pointed towards one with his wand.

You could see everyone starting to shift to the sides, leaving the poor soul standing alone in the middle of them all. All of the tall kids were in front of you, so you couldn’t tell who was chosen. YLP/N was tugging you back so room could be made, so you gave up.

"Now," said Slughorn. "Waft the smell gently towards your nose and tell me what you smell. Three things. Come on now, don’t be so shy! Everyone will probably forget this by next week anyways."

An uncomfortable atmosphere filled the room as the voice up front started talking.

"Lemon, rosemary…"

You froze. Draco was up there; and he was describing your exact shampoo.

"Well done, Draco!" The whole class applauded, and a couple of people started looking at you. You followed along with the clapping, pretending not to notice their looks. When you made eye contact with Draco, he sneered and grabbed his things.

"Class dismissed to lunch-if anyone needs me, I won’t be avaliable," Slughorn said, as he quickly ran out of the classroom.

You sighed, grabbing your books and quills. YLP/N said goodbye, and walked out of the classroom. You wanted to catch up with them, but you spilled your ink and groaned as you bent down to pick up the container. A bunch of girls squealed, stepping around it and groaning. Once the classroom was empty, you went to go find some towels to soak it up. You walked over to a closet, and took some towels down. Right when you turned around, though, the towels were shoved out of your arms and someone kissed you.

Draco..?

Your eyes opened, and you looked up to see him. His pale, cold hands were holding your cheeks as he roughly kissed you. You leaned back a bit on a table, resting your hands there as you slowly closed your eyes and went along with it. Once he let go, your eyes met with his.

"I’m…sorry?" he asked. "You seemed to enjoy that very much…I don’t think I should be apologizing."

You chuckled as you stood up a bit straighter, him following your actions. “Don’t be sorry. You’re right, I did enjoy it.”

And as the lunch time went on, you and Draco spent it cleaning up spilled ink while talking about how stupid you two were for not realizing how much both of you loved each other.