The First Time

July 2018

BigHit Campus, Hannam Hill, Seoul.

________________________________________________________

Suseonhwa

I stood outside the entrance taking in the view of my work location. I was very nervous, like the 4 other people who had their joining today.

I was very lucky they had even accepted my application. Who was I after all? A 20 year old with barely any experience. My mere degree in cosmetology and a good review from my previous boss along with a referral from a cousin of a friend's friend had somehow impressed BigHit's recruitment department. 

Yes. BigHit, one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea were willing to hire me as an intern for one week. And in that period of time if I'll manage to impress them, they'll give me a permanent job here.

It was a start of new beginnings and I didn't want to mess it up. I had a lot at stake and was willing to give it my all. This was my one real shot at a respectful life. So yes. I can NOT make any mistake.

I took a deep breath and continued with the security formalities.

After about an hour, when it was 11 am in the morning, I was finally done with their rigorous security procedures and I was handed an ID card. I looked at it with mixed feelings of anxiousness and gratefulness. Park Suseonhwa, it read in bold. 'Junior Makeup Intern'. BigHit Entertainment Private Limited.

We were all directed to the magnificent reception area of a huge high rise building they called the 'Main Building'. All of us would tire our necks by observing the marvel of the infrastructure they had.

 All of us would tire our necks by observing the marvel of the infrastructure they had

____________________________________________________

In our group of 4, one guy was a hair stylist named Jay. He seemed pretty nice and chatty and was constantly giving me trivia about BigHit and their label.

"You know they have 4 groups now, right?" Jay asked.

"Ummm.... sorry?" I asked, distracted.

Jay's eyes widened. "The groups. You know BigHit now manages 4 groups, right? BTS, GFriend, RevolutionG and Meta4..."