One Call Away

Author's Note
Sorry for the delay in uploading this part, friends. Will try to be more consistent:)

Recap: Su is mortified when Jungkook overhears her telling Seoyun that she would work with 'anyone but him'. This time, instead of avoiding him, she desperately tries to tell him that she didn't mean it in the way he thinks.
Jungkook on the other hand, is shook as to why she would say something like that? He is angry and confused. That is when Su accidentally gets hurt in the scheduled trial explosion of Fake Love sets. Jungkook gets her out of there, and in the confusion he ends up answering her ringing phone....A call from Ray, her abusive ex.

A call from Ray, her abusive ex

Jungkook

I walked back to one of the dressing rooms, not really able to think straight. Never have I heard such a spew of vile words. The disrespect and malice in the man's tone had me shook. My breath got ragged just by thinking of the conversation I just had after I answered her phone.. I tried to calm down but the way it was damaging my mind left me fuming and forced me to pace around the dressing room.

10 minutes passed, but his choice of words still rang in my head. And the reason it bugged me so much is that I knew it was directed at her. At the girl, who was turning my world upside down, right now. 

Most obvious and daunting fact: She had a boyfriend.
Well, I shouldn't be surprised, she's so fricking pretty after all. And it's not just her beauty. It was her enticing personality. She stood out like a diamond in the rough.  Right from Day 1.

And the effect she has been having on me has been increasing exponentially, with each passing day. But right now, that wasn't my biggest concern. My mind kept replaying the phone call from "Ray".

(On the phone)
Ray: "Where the fuck are you, bitch? You ran away today morning-" 

Jk:(shocked)"Hello?"

Ray:(angry)"Who the fuck are you? Where is Suseonhwa?"

Jk:(frowning, feeling an unexplained offence)"Who are YOU?"

Ray:"I'm her boyfriend, you asshole! Who the FUCK are you, huh?"

I gulped, dejection setting in with the word 'boyfriend' .

Jk:"I'm...her colleague-"

Ray:"Colleague, my foot! She's fucking around with you too, huh? She's screwing with you too? That little slut!"

Anger shot up in me like a volcano. Howw???Why????

JK:(warning)"Watch your words-"

 Ray:"Just give her the damn phone!" he yelled.

I gripped a chair tight in anger. Questions swarmed around me.
How can some speak like that to anyone?
That too a girl?
And that too, her?
Was this the lowlife she went home to, everyday?
Was this guy the reason she didn't want to work with me? Because she was scared of him?