The Fool

Recap: Su accompanies Jay and the makeup team to BTS's Fake Love MV shoot , in the outskirts of Seoul. She doesn't realise that the shoot is scheduled till 2 am and freaks out when she comes to know that her sister Cho is alone with her abusive ex. She is stranded with no way to return home. Then, surprisingly, she gets the offer to be given a ride home in the members' car. Jungkook drives her home in the middle of the night.

Jungkook

"Love you so bad, love you so bad

Neol wihae yeppeun geojiseul bijeonae

Love you so mad, love you so mad

Nal jiwo neoui inhyeongi doeryeo hae"

It was 6 am in the morning. The song played in the background and Hobi hyung and I practiced with our choreography team.

"Jungkook-ssi. You look tired." Song-deuk hyung, our lead choreographer commented. "Did you leave the shoot late yesterday?"

I didn't have an answer to that. I hadn't left late. I,  in fact had left with Hobi hyung, owing to today's practice. 

During the break, Hobi hyung walked up to me, with a slight frown.

"So did you drop her last night? That new intern?" he asked, drinking water from the bottle.

"Yes. It was quite late. She was not ready to accept , but I insisted."

Hyung nodded. "You did the right thing. Letting her leave alone wasn't an option...But it would have been better if you would have asked someone else to do it." he said, grabbing his bag. It made me a little unsettled as to why he said that. I knew the managers wouldn't be happy if they knew but we had done this countless times before, in stealth. Long drives in the city, late in the night in tinted car windows was kind of our thing.

"Why, hyung? I didn't step out of the car." I asked, blinking. 

"No it's just that....she is new so she won't know the rules around here." he simply said and walked away leaving me a little perplexed. I knew what rules he was talking about. The ones where the staff isn't allowed to interact much with us. And yesterday, I had grazed those rules. But it wasn't my fault she was behaving so odd. The calls she was getting was probably from her family. Who cuts family calls 4 times and then talks in hushed tones? And not to mention her weird reaction at holding my hand. It was bound to get me curious. It was bound to get ANYONE curious.

I stood there, thinking about yesterday

I stood there, thinking about yesterday. I have interacted with so many staff members. Some new, some old. Even in different locations like award shows and concerts, I have dealt with many new faces, stage crews, organisers. So to think a makeup intern was any different was absurd. She had just chosen a coat for the MV and I had offered to drive her home. That's it. In words it sounded so simple. But when I now thought of it, it wasn't. In whatever interaction I have had with her, something fell out of place.