Edge of the Cliff

Recap: Su leaves Ray and his apartment for good. She travels to Incheon and even makes sure her sister Cho gets into a different school. She is pretty much broke now and has no place to go. Despite that, she is content and free. When she comes back to Hannam Hill, she recives a permanent employment letter. She meets Jk, who has skipped the MV shoot that day. They spend an entire day in BTS's dorm where he shows her around. Just when things seem alright, Lauren, the lead dancer of RevG spots them and warns Su to stay away from Jungkook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suseonhwa

Lauren was back to her smiling, cheery self and Jungkook straightened, seeing us both walk to him.

He had been patiently waiting for us in the elevator lobby.

I couldn't meet his eye. Not after what Lauren had said.

My eyes were so close to well up with tears. But I swore to myself I wouldn't cry now and reconfirm my reputation of a 'scaredy cat'.

I asked myself why all this was so upsetting. I was still a free girl. I was free of Ray's clutches and my sister was safe. And my employment had just been confirmed. Then why was I feeling like I had been trampled by a bulldozer multiple times?

I wasn't intimidated by Lauren. She wasn't the bad guy. Sure, she had been bitchy to me, but she was just a clingy overprotective friend. And anyone who knew Jungkook would be naturally protective of him. He was precious in every way. And ever since Jungkook had clarified that Lauren was just a friend, I hadn't feel that horrible pit in my stomach when I had felt when I had seen them in GMA backstage.

No, I wasn't intimidated by her.

I was intimidated by the truth in what she had said.

With each passing day, it was getting easier to forget the consequences. Yes, like Jungkook said, we can be friends, and friendship is all cool and pretty and harmless....until it's not friendship anymore.
Oh god, the thought itself did a lot of things to me. It was daunting, scary, forbidden.....but delicious and wonderful at the same time.

There is a very thin line..... the way my heart danced everytime I thought of him...I don't know about Jungkook, but I was tethering right on the edge of this cliff.

On the other side, was a deep dark pit.

It was Lauren this time. What if it was someone else to walk into Jungkook doing my hair? What if a rumour had spread? Not only would I lose my job, it even had the potential to tarnish his spotless reputation.  

And once the fans get a wiff of a news like this....My head went fuzzy. Was it even worth it?

No.

Our hearts and his reputation, both needed to be saved. When things are threatening to go out of hand, someone HAS to pull the trigger. Someone has to be responsible enough to see through the smokescreen of our feelings. Yes I had some major infatuation towards him. But it's not too late..