Salvation (Finale)

Recap: After seeing what Ray did to Su, Jungkook can't think straight. He heads out at night, to find Ray. For revenge.

________________________________________________________

Jungkook

It's surprising how little I know of what I am capable of. Till date, my only focus has been to be the best performer that I can ever be. I have not tasted anything other than glamour and money and music. I was the youngest, most cared for. Never had I had a chance to complain about anything. Everything was taken care of for me and handed to me ready-made. Managers, staff, crew, an entire company  at its disposal. Just for me and my brothers.

In the 5 years of my career, I have never looked back and checked how much power and authority I had collected on the way. I have never even had the necessity to ever use or exercise any of that power. Until tonight.

Tonight, I was on the wheels and a very reluctant bodyguard-nim sat in the passengers seat, continuously trying to change my mind. In vain.

"Jungkook-ssi. It's post 1 am now. Please turn back around. Whatever this is, it'll be done. It's not safe for you-"

As I drove towards my destination, I felt filthy rich.I felt powerful, and dangerous...Because I knew, just one phone call that I have made 5 mins ago, had triggered a whole chain reaction. Even at this time of the night. Sejin sunbaenim hadn't argued or questioned. I guess my tone had made the urgency clear. 

I wanted a solid solution for this problem called Ray. But not before I give him something in return for what he gave my girl.

"Jungkook-ssi, whatever you want done, I will do it."

"No, BG nim...this is between just him and me."

"Jungkook-ssi.....you don't sound like yourself..." my bodyguard of 4 years told in a spooked voice. And even I couldn't disagree that I wasn't feeling or sounding like myself.

I finally parked outside the shabby building. Every cell in my body told me to storm upto the apartment on the first floor and pound on the lowlife's face. Just like he had hurt her. Maybe more. But I gripped the steering wheel and concentrated on my breathing. I was not stupid. I had to go in with all the defences ready. The phone rang. As I has been expecting, it was Sejin sunbae-nim. He was the chief of the Artist's Protocol Department of BigHit. 

"I hope what asked for is done, sunbae nim."

"I have made the calls, Kook. But can you really not tell me what this is about?"

"You'll know soon, sunbae nim. If I'm not wrong, we have a close network with the Korean National Police Agency... How far can we reach?" I asked, wanting to know how if BigHit was truly as powerful as it claimed.

"Depends on the situation-"

"The situation is bad. It's red. What then?"

There was a silence but Sejin sighed before stating proudly. "Jungkook-ssi. The Chief Commissioner is just one call away. Even the President's Office is within our reach. We work closely with the police agency and government."

"Good. Then what I asked shouldn't take too much time. I don't want to wait long."

"Alright. Who is this Choi Ray-on.?"

"I told you. A guy I want to settle scores with."

"But..." Sejin sunbae-nim was wasting time. "Can't this wait till the morning?-"

"No it can't." I snapped.

"Kook. I want to help. Just tell me what you need."

"I want to file for an immediate arrest warrant against Choi Ray-on, sunbae-nim. I want the police to be here in another 15 minutes. That is what I want. And I want it NOW." I cut the phone call, mad at everyone who was trying to hold me back.