𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞 | elizabeth olsen

●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

Summary: Being a single mother was harder than Y/n thought it would be. But Lizzie is there with her every steps of the way

NOTE: This was actually my English final so yeah-

Set Me Free

The rain was pouring as Y/n drove home, her daughter sleeping peacefully in the back seat. Her mind flashed through her day on set, the vicious looks Evelyn kept sending her way when they were off-screen and Y/n wondered what she ever saw in the brunette.

Sure, their divorce a year ago was messy, but Y/n had failed to see why Evelyn had to make it seem as if she was the one broken after it. She was never home, she was always at work, and the thing that irritated Y/n most was that she never bothered to be there for their daughter. Or her daughter now, seeing Evelyn claimed to be "too busy for children".

Y/n's grip on the steering wheel tightened as she glanced at the rearview mirror, seeing her three years old daughter sleeping peacefully in the car seat, a smile on her face. Y/n smiled as well, turning back toward the road. But the smile quickly faded when Evelyn's familiar voice filled the radio of her car.

"Took you two weeks to move on from what we had. Can't help but wonder if you were ever in my life. And the way you held yourself as we broke, wondering if you ever felt the loss."

Y/n gritted her teeth, the grip on the steering wheel tightening to a point her knuckles turned white. Releasing a breath she didn't realize she was holding, her ocean blue eyes focused on the road once again. Driving out the next exit, her shoulder was tense until the voice of her ex was finally gone, replaced by the soothing voice of Taylor Swift.

Stopping at another traffic light, Jessie's eyes slowly opened, a little yawn escaping her lips. Glancing at the rearview mirror, a smile lingered on Y/n's lips when Jessie rubbed her eyes with an adorable pout on her face, looking up slightly. "Are we home yet, mommy?"

"Almost, darling," Y/n replied nonchalantly. Turning another corner, she pulled up next to a building, where a man walked over, dressed in full suit greeted her. "Welcome back, Miss Y/l/n. How was your day?"

"It was pretty great, James," Y/n smiled softly as she got out of the driver's seat, going to the backseat to help her daughter out. The truth was, it was nothing but great. Evelyn has the casts wrapped around her fingers and there's nothing Y/n could do to stop the stares on her. It was getting frustrating to the point where she wouldn't mind if she quit the job. They could kill off her character and she wouldn't bat an eye. "How was your day?"

"Busy," James groaned. "Miss Olsen has me running to the grocery store more times than I could count. I believe she is planning something for tonight, you might want to prepare yourself for that."

Y/n laughed and shook her head, feeling Jessie rested her head on her shoulder. It was already nine and well past her bedtime. "That's Lizzie for you. Have a good night, James."

"You too, Miss Steinfold." Y/n rolled her eyes at the title and gave him her middle finger. James laughed before getting into the driver's seat, driving the car away.

Sighing, Y/n smiled at the two bodyguards as they opened the door to the apartment complex. Walking towards the elevator, she felt Jessie stirred before glancing up at her. "Doesn't Mama have work today?"

Y/n smiled and stroked her hair, getting into the elevator and pressing the top button. "Well, she gets to take today off since her movie is almost done and the director believed they had all work hard and deserved this Friday off."