Chapter 8

"You're skipping out on your chance to thank him." Angela's words stop you, she wiggles her eyebrows suggestively. "The way he's been watching you and you've been watching him, I know that you'd both love it."

You look over your shoulder nervously and bite your lip to try and hold back tears. "Ang, I can't. I've gotta go. He..."

Angela's eyes soften and she takes your hand. "It's him isn't it? He's your soulmate."

Tears start to form in your eyes. She knows you so well. She flips your hand over and runs her thumb over your soul mark. She looks back up, her eyes sad. "I wish you would have given him a chance. I think you're making a big mistake, he's nothing like-" she sighs, letting your hand go "but I get it. You'll need to stop hiding someday. With him in your corner I think you'd have a fighting chance. Just think about it. I'm assuming this is it? You're gone."

Your heart is heavy and you can't bring yourself to speak. So, you simply nod, your eyes filling with tears. She has been such a shining light in your life these last few years. She pulled you out of your shell and helped you harness your abilities.

Angela pulls you into a hug. "I'm going to miss you. You know how to find me if you ever need me."

I squeeze her back and take off out the back door. Taking side streets and back alley's all the way home. When I first left the diner, I felt like I was being followed but the feeling goes away the more obscure I make my route. I didn't breathe easy until I felt the bolts on my door lock, no matter how flimsy of protection they may be. 

**I know it's short - more to come soon :)