01 || The move

• • •

• • •

"Oh c'mon Daniel, it's not as bad as your making it sound." I groaned as I carried a box into my bedroom, forcing a complaining daniel to help me.

We had arrived about an hour ago and almost had everything moved in. The movers were moving all the main furniture, so my bed, bedside table, dresser, and mirror had already been moved into my room.

The room was small considering the apartment itself was small. The walls were plain grey with carpeted flooring and there was a single window facing the street.

"I didn't even want to move. And this apartment sucks." Daniel complained. "Daniel, seriously. Stop being a wimp." I said as I slapped his shoulder, to which he pouted. "C'mom, we can do your room now. We can make it look good." I tried encouraging him.

"Ever the interior decorator, aren't you?" He joked to which we both laughed. "Whatever. Let's start." I replied.

The two of us finished both of our rooms within the next few hours, only pausing for bathroom breaks and dinner, much to Daniels's dismay.

I, on the other hand, found it hilarious how sweaty Danny was from just setting up our rooms. "Oh shut it!" Daniel said jokingly, annoyed at my laughing. "My legs are still sore from earlier." He lied. I laughed even harder at that, moms green car had busted down which was a normal thing for us. We had to push it to get it to go again.

"We should go to the beach tomorrow morning. It's a Sunday and we have to start school on Monday so maybe we can make some friends." I suggested.

"That sounds great! Actually, Freddy from apartment 17 invited us to a beach party." He said, clearly overly excited to leave this house.

I spent the next hour folding and hanging up my clothes, leaving out my clothes for tomorrow before going back to the kitchen and helping Mom unpack the dishes.

"The faucets broken, mom!" Danny complained. "Go find the maintenance man and have him fix it." She replied, continuing to put the dishes away.

Daniel sighed but grabbed a bowl of water, which confused me, and walked out. "Danny, I'll come!" I called before rushing out behind him.

The two of us went down the stairs where he gave the bowl to a dog underneath a chair where a lady was sitting.

"Where can I find the maintenance man?" Daniel asked the woman. "You go down through there and you take a right, where it goes to the left, but not too far, then you go left, and it'll be on your right." She explained.

"So I go left, then right," Daniel said to make sure. "No, right where it's left, then left, then to the right." The lady said and Daniel and I looked at one another confused, shrugging before going to the right.

There were two green closet-like doors, inside there was a small hallway filled with tools and random supplies. The two of us look at one another confused before continuing down the hallway.