14 || Halloween Dance

• • •

• • •

"You guys totally had sex," Bobby said as he sat beside me in English. "No, we didn't, Bobby," I replied. "Then what are these?" Tommy asked as he moved my hair from my shoulder, as he did so I watched as Cindy's jaw clenched at the sight of it.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled my hair back over my shoulder. "I burned myself with a curling iron." I lied. The two gave me a look that said really?

I looked away with a small smile as last night came back into my head. The three of us talked for the rest of the class, me finally getting them to stop asking questions.

I kept my head forward the entire math class, not wanting Daniel to see since that would just make everything awkward.

"Hey, Lia!" Jimmy greeted me as I walked up to the group in PE. "Hey, guys!" I greeted back as the rest returned it. "Excited for the dance tomorrow?" Bobby asked. "Yeah. Do you guys need me to do the face paint?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was actually gonna ask you about that. Maybe you could just come home with me tomorrow and the boys can meet us there at like 6." Johnny said. "Perfect," I replied.

"What's that?" Dutch suddenly said. "What?" I asked, as he pointed towards me. I turned around, confused as to what he was pointing at.

"No, that?" He said as he motioned to my neck. His eyes suddenly snapped to Johnny, and I followed his line of sight. "No way!" He said as he tilted Johnny's head to the side.

"C'mon, Dutch, shut up!" I said quickly, hoping the others wouldn't notice. "Told ya!" Bobby suddenly said, and I turned to see him pointing at Johnny and I as he talked to Tommy.

"I knew it!" Tommy said, and I rolled my eyes. "Who knew you were so kinky." I heard from behind me. I turned to see Jimmy standing there with his hands on his hips.

"Really, guys? Cant you just leave us alone." I said as I pushed Dutches hand that was tilting my head. I rolled my eyes as they started making kissy faces, grabbing Johnny's hand and pulling him away.

"Don't have too much fun!" Dutch yelled. "Wear protection!" Tommy added loudly. "Tommy!" I replied, my eyes widening. I slowly looked to my left and saw Daniel looking at the two of us with wide eyes, next to him was a laughing Ali. "That's so awkward," I muttered as I slowly turned back around. The second the bell rang I rushed inside.

The rest of the day went painfully slow, I kept catching Cindy's eye anytime she passed me in the hallway and the lunchroom, it was creeping me out.

I forced the boys to come after school and help me set up the gym for the dance tomorrow before they had to go to practice.

Once it was all set I decided to walk home, it was only about a ten-minute walk and it was a nice night.

🥋