19 || Meeting the Parents

• • •

• • •

The rest of the week went quickly, Johnny picked me up every day before school and dropped me off at Mr. Miyagis every day after. I spent a lot of time with the boys whenever I had free time, which wasn't often due to my training and there's.

I have been doing different types of training with Mr. Miyagi since he proved that our training was, well, training. We'd spend several of our days at the beach whether it be on the sand or on a boat in the water.

Mr. Miyagi would fish while making Daniel and I stand on either side of the boat, balancing. We would practice our blocks and hits, having to focus on one another's moves to stay balanced. It helped a lot with our focus and balance, which was very important in karate.

A few of the days I stayed after Mr. Miyagi and Daniel to practice my crane kick until Johnny would eventually come looking for me and take me home. It wasn't easy, for the first few times it was hard to get my foot that high into the air while kicking that way, and balancing while doing it on one of the wooden pillars.

Before I knew it, it was Saturday, the day Johnny was going to take me to Encino Oaks Country club to meet his parents. "Mom! Can you help me?" I called from my room. "What is it?" She asked as she walked in.

"I have that thing at the Country Club with Johnny. Can you please help me?" I pleaded. "Of course!" She said before quickly leaving. She came in several minutes later with a box in her hand along with her curlers and her makeup bag.

Without saying any things she began putting the curlers into my hair, then doing my make up. She did a natural look with glossy lips before grabbing the box. "I wore this to my first dance with your father." She said as she opened the box and pulled out a black dress. It had lace sleeves and a v neck and ended right above my knees.

She followed it with a pair of black heels. "Oh mom, it's beautiful!" I said as I ran my fingers over the material. "Put it on! I have to grab something." She said before leaving.

I quickly stripped and pulled the dress on, looking at myself in the mirror as my mother walked back in. "These are my favorite. I think they'd look great with that dress." She said as she held up a pair of diamond earrings and a necklace before taking the curlers out of my hair and brushing through them.

"Oh, mom..." I said as she placed the necklace around my neck and put the earrings in. I pulled in the heels and looked at myself. "You look so good, baby." Mom said with tears in her eyes. "Don't cry, momma," I said as Daniel walked in the room wearing a black suit. "Look at us, Danny. All grown up." I said as I stood beside him in the mirror.

Suddenly a knock sounded on the door. "Oh gosh," I said nervously before quickly making my way to the door and opening it. "Ali!" I said excitedly as I pulled her into a hug. "Oh my God! You look so hot!" She gushed. "Look at you! Daniel!" I called and he quickly came out and hugged Ali before pulling her inside to talk with mom.