18 || Rekindling

• • •

• • •

I spoke more in English class alone than I had in the past week since the fight. Tommy had a lot to fill me in on, most of it was about Johnny's complaining but also about what kinds of things they had done while I wasn't with them, which mainly consisted of pouting and making plans to get me back with them, which they clearly never went through with.

A few minutes after class had started Cindy had rushed in, handing the teacher a late slip before sliding into her desk. She turned to me and gave me a shy smile, I slightly waved at her before turning my attention back to Tommy and Bobby.

"I can't believe what happened last week during lunch. I mean, we totally thought you were going to smash her face into that table." Tommy said. "With the conversation I had with Johnny just before lunch then her coming up to me and saying shit, I was going to," I said. "Of course then she said she was never jealous of me, but of you guys," I explained.

"What else did she say?" Bobby asked. "Well, I was confused as to what she meant by being jealous of you guys, so I let her up to explain but she kissed me. And if I'm being honest, I was tempted to kiss her back just to spite Johnny but I knew that would be wrong to do to her." I said.

"Why'd you follow her out?" Tommy asked. "I wanted to understand. Why would she be mean to me all year and then kiss me out of the blue? She said that she hated me for making her feel this way, and herself. Which is why I accepted her apology. You can't help who you like, but she definitely could've gone about it better." I said and the two nodded.

"So are you guys friends now?" Bobby asked. "Nah. We're just not enemies anymore. I cant just befriend her after all the things she said to me. But I can understand what was going on in her head so I'm not going to hold a grudge." I explained.

The rest of the day went by quickly, I sat with the boys again at lunch and in study hall, and we played another game of tag in PE like we did before all of the drama happened.

After school Johnny offered to drop me off at Mr. Miyagis, Daniel and I were both supposed to go. Johnny was going to start picking me up from school so I placed my bike in the back of his car and we dropped it off at the apartment before making our way to Mr. Miyagis.

I slowly scooted closer to him and leaned into him like I always did, signing in relief at the familiarity of it. "I really missed you, Johnny." I sighed. "I know. It was horrible without you." Johnny replied as he frowned down at me.

"What is Mr. Miyagi like?" He asked. "He's great. I hate to say it because I feel like I'm betraying my dad in some way, but he's almost like a father to me now. He's shown me what it's like to be balanced, and he understands me more than anyone." I explained. "I understand completely. You're not betraying your dad in any way, Lia. I know he'd be happy you found someone to fill that role." Johnny said and I felt the guilt in my stomach instantly disappear.