23 || Training

• • •

• • •

I smiled as Johnny and I pulled into the Golf n' Stuff parking lot, spotting the all too familiar red motorcycles he pulled up beside them. The lot was fairly full. It was 3:30 on a Tuesday, all of the high schools were meeting here to de-stress after school.

"What do you guys wanna do first?" I asked as we walked inside the arcade. We played games for about an hour before the boys put their tickets together to get me a large stuffed dolphin, which I named Rudy. Don't ask why. I don't know.

Next, we did the go-karts, me winning second place right after Johnny. "You won by like a second, Johnny," I said, rolling my eyes at his victorious smirk. "Still won though."

🥋

I let out a deep breath as I stretched my back. Daniel and I had been at Mr. Miyagis for hours, it was now Sunday the tournament was quickly approaching and we wanted to be ready, and by quickly approaching I meant it was merely a week away. "What if we have to fight each other?" I asked Daniel as the two of us lightly sparred under Miyagi's watch.

"I won't go lightly on you. I wanna win." He said with a smirk. "Good to hear, because when your face is smooshed into the mat I'm gonna be victory dancing," I said as I practiced my roundhouse kick.

We had come at 6 this morning and it was nearing 7 pm. "Go home. Rest. Come back tomorrow." Mr. Miyagi said and the two of us nodded. I followed Daniel back to his car since he drove the two of us here.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I tossed my back into the passenger's seat. "I'm going to go for a run," I said simply. Ever since the fight broke out between the Cobra Kai's and Daniel I had started running to get my mind off of things, and since it wasn't a bad habit I figured I may as well keep it.

"Are you crazy? It's an hour run and it's nearly dark out." He said. "Oh, c'mon Daniel. Don't pretend you didn't hear me leave in the middle of the night to go run." I replied and he fell silent before solemnly nodding. "If you're not home in an hour I'm sending out a search party." He said and I nodded with a laugh.

Once he pulled out of Mr. Miyagi's yard I turned to see him looking at me intently. "You run?" He asked. "Yeah. It helps me stay balanced, y'know?" I said as I looked at the setting sun. "Ophelia-san, balance is good, heart in right place. I think you have good chance." He said before turning and leaving.

I smiled at where he has just stood before turning and running home. "Ophelia?" Someone asked from beside me as I was nearing my apartment complex. "Johnny! Hey." I said as I slowed, him parking his car on the side of the road before getting out.

"What're you doing in Reseda?" I asked. "I went to your place to see if you wanted to have a movie night but your mom said you hadn't come home yet and Daniel was home and I was just worried." He said.

"Oh, sorry. I've been at Mr. Miyagis since six this morning and needed to run to clear my head. How about we go back to my place and I shower and we can do whatever you want." I said. "Sounds good." He said as he opened the door and let me in before getting into the driver's seat.

I sighed in relief as my sore legs hit the cool seats of Johnny's car, my shoulders dropping as the tiredness seeped through my bones. "You look exhausted." He said as the two of us walked up to my apartment. "I am. I've been training nonstop for over twelve hours. It's gonna be worth it though when I kick your ass in the finals." I bragged as we went to my room.

I grabbed a pair of Johnny's sweatpants and a black cropped t-shirt before making my way to the bathroom. Johnny sat on the floor talking to me as I bathed, I was too tired to shower.

"I'm sorry, Johnny," I said as I dried myself with a towel. "What for?" He asked confused as I dressed. "For being so tired. I know you said you wanted to hang out." I said as we sat on my bed.

"It's okay, Lia. I'm fine with just being here with you." He said as he pulled the blanket over our bodies and pulled me into him. "Will you stay?" I whispered into the darkness. "Of course I will." He said as the two of us fell asleep.

The two of us got up the next morning and quickly got dressed, thankfully Johnny always kept an extra outfit in his car. "Morning." Mom greeted as she placed four plates of breakfast in the table, one for each of us.

"Morning, Ma. Sorry I didn't tell you Johnny was staying." I apologized, realizing I had been too tired to even think about that. "It's okay, Johnny's welcome to stay whenever he needs. And you seemed pretty tired last night." She said and I smiled.

After eating Johnny and I drove to school as Daniel drove his car. I greeted the boys before spotting Ali, quickly making my way over to her.

"Ophelia!" Ali greeted excitedly beside Daniel as she pulled me into a hug. "Hi, Ali! How are you?" I asked. "I'm great, you?" She returned. "Same here," I said as I waved to Johnny and the others over her shoulder.

"We're throwing another party, at Susan's this time. There won't be as many people as last time, just us, the cobras, and some more of Susan and Barbra's friends." She explained. "We're having it tonight at 8, you and the boys should come!" She said excitedly.

"Yeah! They'll never say no to a party so we'll see you there." I said excitedly. "Great. I'll see you there." She said before turning and going into the school. "Susan's throwing a small party tonight at her house, I figured we could all go after my training with Mr. Miyagi," I said.

"A party? Hell yeah!" Dutch said excitedly. "I'll just meet you guys there since Daniel and I both have training and he's going as well."

A/N:
I've decided I'm going to write an Ali Mills x fem! oc and another Johnny fanfic. The difference in the other Johnny fanfic I'm going to make is it will be more of a trauma/angsty book about a girl who just moved to Encino Hills with her rich yet abusive parents. Hopefully, you guys will check it out when it comes out. :))) But which should I write first? Ali or another Johnny?