16 || Loneliness

• • •

• • •

The weekend came and went quickly, it was much more boring when I had no friends to hang out with. Daniel and I spent most hours of our days at Mr. Miyagi's house training for the tournament, but by training, I mean working.

We spent the entire Saturday washing and waxing his cars in a waning and waxing motion, I just went along with it, assuming would make us do it for a reason. He had cool cars though, all old collectibles that I so badly was tempted to take for a spin, but it took until dark to finish.

Sunday we spent the entire day painting the fence, he made us do up-down motions for hours, moving our wrists a certain way, until we finished the entire panel of fencing, just for him to say we had to do the rest.

But it was already dark out and Daniel and I had school in the morning so we left, saying we would come back after school.

To say I was nervous to go back to school was an understatement. I was terrified. Not only did I have a black eye, but I wasn't used to not having someone to talk to.

I got up early and showered before school, my nerves not allowing me to fall asleep. I dug through my drawers and pulled out my clothes for the day before getting dressed.

As I ran my brush through my damp hair my eyes fell upon Johnny's clothes in my drawer. I hesitantly took them out and placed them in my bag, I knew if I kept seeing them I would be tempted to wear them, and if I did I knew my heart would shatter.

I needed to return them. And I needed to today. I sat back in my bed after getting ready and read a random book on my bookshelf until mom called me for breakfast. She had seen Daniel and I all beat up, but I was a much better liar than Daniel.

I told her on our way home from the Halloween party my bike hit a rock and I fell into Daniels, hence the black eye, and that caused his bike to fall, hence the scrapes and bruises. It was dark and cold, and I was always fairly clumsy, so she of course believed it.

I quickly ate as Daniel did before the two of us got onto our bikes and biked to school. We locked our bikes and I noticed Johnny and them sitting where they always did, watching me.

I ignored it and instead made my way into the school and straight to English. I ignored Tommy as he came and sat down, opening his mouth to say something but closing it and turning back around.

"Bobby," I said relieved as he came and sat beside me, I quickly wrapped my arms around him as he did the same. "I'm sorry, Lia." He apologized. "It's not your fault. You never touched him." I responded.

I locked eyes with Cindy, who was looking at my eye with worry. Furrowing my eyebrows, she quickly turned away. "What's wrong?" Bobby asked. "Cindy. She's been looking at me weird the last few days. Not in a bad way, like... I don't know how to explain it." I said. "Weird." He said and I nodded.