05 || Confusion

• • •

• • •

"Hey, bobby." I greeted him as I walked up behind him at his locker. "Hey, Lia. How was Johnny's?" He asked me. "It was fine," I replied simply.

"Anything exciting?" Tommy asked as he leaned up against the locker beside Bobby's. "Nope." I said popping the P, "Johnny didn't want to work so we watched a movie and it was so boring that I fell asleep. On him." I said groaning in embarrassment.

"So basically you guys are married," Tommy said, flipping his fake hair as we walked to class. "Oh yeah, totally," I said. "Who's married?" Johnny asked, coming up behind me.

"Oh, uh.." I said awkwardly, looking between Bobby and Tommy, hinting to them to make something up. "Oh, just you and Lia." Tommy said nonchalantly as we got to the door for english.

"What? No! We weren't talking about you Johnny." I said embarrassed. "We'll see you later." I said rushed as I pushed the two boys through the door, leaving Johnny standing confused in the hall.

"Really, Tommy? You're a horrible wingman." I said as Bobby and I sat down in the back row with Tommy in front of us. "Give him a break, it's his first time." Bobby said patting Tommy's back reassuringly.

"Yeah, maybe you should give him some lessons." I replied as I took out my book. "So you think i'm good then?" he asked. "I think you're both bad, just you're better than Tommy." I replied.

"Ouch." The two responded in unison. "I'm sure you'll get better." I said sarcastically to the two as class started.

After english and math I made my way to PE where I just passed the ball with Daniel as Johnny and the others played a game of soccer and Ali practiced cheer like she normally did during PE.

After changing into my regular clothes I made my way to lunch with Bobby and sat down at the table instead of going through the line with them.

"So, Ophelia. Why'd you move here?" Dutch asked as we all sat around the table. "My mom got a new job." I said simply, that's really all there was to it. "Where'd you move from?" Jimmy asked.

"I moved from New Jersey." I replied. "Jeez, that's a big difference." Bobby said as he ate a fry. "Yeah, it's really different here. Way hotter and a lot busier." I said.

"Do you miss Jersey?" Tommy asked. "Honestly, not really. Y'know I had a lot of memories with my family there that I kind've feel disconnected to now, and I know i'll miss the winters, sitting by the fire while it snows but I don't think I'd go back even if I had the chance." I admitted.

"Well I'm glad you like it here." Bobby said smiling at me. "Yeah me too. Wish I could say the same for Daniel. Being a twin and all I can't really fully enjoy it until I know he is too." I said frowning as I looked over to where Daniel and Ali were sitting.