Chapter 2

The following day at training did not go better than the first day. And of course AJ had predicted it the second she stepped foot into the back training yard at Miyagi-Do

"Ready, bow!" Johnny instructed and all the students bowed together in a unit.

"Sensei Lawrence and I have the same goal of preparing you for the tournament," Daniel began allowing Johnny to step in.

"But we have different ways of getting you there" Johnny continued on for him.

AJ's brows scrunched together as she listened to the two men talk. She could already see where they were going with their speech and she thought it was stupid. The whole point of training together was so their two dojos could work together in harmony for once. If they trained together and blended their strengths they would be unstoppable.

Daniels next sentence confirmed AJ's prediction, "We realize that teaching you opposing viewpoints at the same time can be a little confusing."

"So we've discussed it and came up with a solution," Johnny said "We're gonna divide and conquer"

At his statement Miguels head whipped towards AJ after hearing her mutter the words 'called it' under her breath. AJ turned to look at the boy next to her with the same look of disappointment he had on his face. She shrugged and shook her head clearly agreeing with his disapproval before facing forward again.

"Eagle Fang trains out front!" Johnny ordered assertively.

"And I'll be back here with the Miyagi-Dos" Daniel announced in a much calmer tone of voice.

"I thought we were stronger working together" Miguel called out voicing everyones opinion.

AJ looked at the two senseis eager to hear how they were going to prove to the students that what they were doing was better than the original plan.

"We're still working together" Daniel started

And Johnny finished, "Just separately. On opposite ends of the dojo."

"So they can finish each others sentences but can't figure out how to teach us karate together?" AJ whispered to Bert who was on her other side. The smaller boy ducked his head to hide his laughter at her comment.

"All right, Eagles, follow me!" Johnny called as he led his students to the front of the dojo.

AJ fell into step with Eli who also looked a little skeptical at the idea. The second he felt her presence next to him Eli already guessed that a small rant was coming.

"This is ridiculous!" AJ started as she walked towards the front, "We should be working together together not together separate. This isn't going to help us win the tournament at all and we have to win!"

Eli looked at her with caution. There was something different about the way she talked about the tournament, her voice had a certain edge to it. But before he could question it they had already arrived at the front where Johnny was waiting.

"Fall in!" Johnny ordered at the small group that was in front of him, "Hawk, since you're new to Eagle Fang, come on up!"

AJ eyed Johnny closely. She knew her sensei well enough that she was able to tell he had something in mind with this next exercise, what? That she had no clue.

"Yes sensei" Eli bowed and stepped forward towards the blond man.

Almost immediately Johnny front swept his legs sending him crashing to the ground. The other Eagle Fangs watching grimaced and took a few steps back.

AJ on the other hand gasped loudly and yelled, "Johnny I will call Ali!"

"What the heck?!" Eli groaned before allowing AJ to help him off of the ground.