Chapter 9

AJ stared at him with wide eyes as he listed off how he figured out that she was still in contact with Tory. Her brain was scrambling with what to say or how to say it. She knew she was 100% in the wrong in this situation and she had to be careful with how she phrased what she said so she didn't say the wrong thing.

"I know I should have told you and I'm sorry but I didn't know how you would react especially with the rivalry" AJ explained herself before taking another deep breath, "The reason I saw her in the first place was because she called me to ask me to pick her up to take her to get her moms medicine because if I'm being honest, her mom is really bad. I would feel like a bitch if I said no."

Eli's expression was unreadable the more she continued. The less expression he gave made her feel less and less confident since she had no clue what was going on in his head or if he was even going to forgive her.

"On the car ride home she basically told me that she hated me and never wanted to see me again until the tournament, but I texted her saying I was always there for her with anything with her mom since I know everything about her situation" AJ kept going "And she took me up on that offer. She started letting me into her life again. I went to that kids party place because she worked there and I wanted to keep the peace between her and Sam but I failed and just focused on making Sawyers experience hell" She took a beat, "Are you really mad?"

"I'm mad you didn't tell me, we're a partnership AJ, no secrets" Eli stood up from the bed and grabbed her hands guiding her to sit next to him, "You had good intentions behind what you were doing which is why it hurts that you didn't tell me about it. Do I like the fact that you were slowly starting to be friends with Tory again especially after what she did to you with the scar, no I don't. I can't stand the fact that she did that to you and I can't "

AJ's jaw clenched when the scar was mentioned, she knew why it was mentioned but she still hated it.

"I know, it was stupid but I honestly thought that she was changing or was actually trying to be a better person and try and fix things with me" She sighed as she turned to look at him, "Despite all of that and my reasons I was still in the wrong with all of this, I should have told you that I was with contact with her again and I'm sorry"

"It's okay" Eli assured her, "No offense but you kind of got payback by her dumping glitter and soda on you"

AJ laughed softly, "Yeah, that's true" she agreed with him before getting off of the bed, "And as much as I would love to sit here with you, we have to go to a drive in move."

"Do we really have to go?" Eli asked, "All Miguel and Sam are going to do is make out in the car"

AJ nodded slowly as she thought about it. Eli did have a point, their two friends had the tendency to constantly make out along with Demetri and Yasmine. It was manageable at first but now every time it happened AJ had to hold back whatever gag was going to come out (joking or not).

"Then every time they make out we have to try and balance things on their heads to make it a game and annoy the shit out of them until they stop" She suggested trying to think of ways to make it interesting.

Eli paused for a second as he thought about her offer. It would be kind of funny, they just had to be careful not to balance any liquid on them to avoid spilling in the car.

"Okay" He agreed, "But if they get pissed I'm blaming you"

"Yeah, yeah" AJ rolled her eyes and dismissed him, "Now are you ready?"

Eli stood up and kissed her, catching her by surprise, "Now I'm ready" he smirked at her before gently rubbing his thumb over the corner of her scar.