Chapter 13

"Who's quitting?" Johnny questioned when he heard her.

"Eli" AJ mumbled as she stared at the multiple SOS texts Demetri had sent her regarding Eli's choice.

Miguel noticed the look of confusions on Johnnys face and corrected him, "Hawk"

"Oh," Johnny said calmly before it clicked in his head, "Oh! It's probably just a joke, he's not that much of a pussy, is he?"

"Not making it better sensei" AJ muttered as she texted Demetri that she was on her way to Eli's house.

Johnny knew just from the tone of her voice to be quiet, it was the same one Ali always used when he pissed her off.

"Come on, the sooner you get there, the sooner the issue will be solved." Miguel took his arm off of her shoulders, "Just remember our talk on using kind words during your pep talk and not raising out voice"

AJ made a defensive looking face, "Okay" she said, "I will remember...probably" she sighed and followed Johnny to his car where she would face a life threatening ride yet again.

AJ had no clue what she wanted to say to Eli when she saw him considering that they hadn't spoken since yesterday at school. But that didn't matter all she cared about was convincing him not to quit. Whether its staying with Eagle Fang or Miyagi-Do.

She fidgeted with her snake ring as she went over multiple copies of a script in her head of how to convince him to stick with karate.

When they got to Eli's house she muttered a thank you and that she would see them in two hours when they had training.

AJ quite literally sprinted into the house thankful that Demetri left it unlocked for her knowing that she was a ticking time bomb when it came to serious situations involving Eli. She sprinted down the stairs to the basement screaming at Eli.

"You're quitting?!" She yelled standing in front of him on the couch making the boys on opposite ends jump at the sight of her.

"You called AJ?" Eli gaped at Demetri still in shock of seeing her.

"Yeah, he/I called AJ!" AJ and Demetri spoke at the same time.

"Eli, you can't quit!" AJ sighed as she quieted her voice.

"And why not?" Eli asked her, "I already told Demetri I made up my mind"

"Hey! You're the one that got me into karate remember?" Demetri stepped in before AJ could respond.

AJ sat down on the foot rest in front of him, "And me. While I was already planning on joining you gave me the push to join Cobra Kai and make a name for myself here"

"I wasn't!' Demetri joined in again, "I was perfectly happy playing Dungeon Lord after school but you put me in a situation where I had to join a dojo! And you know what it was the best thing that ever happened to me."

Eli looked between the two still a little hesitant to see where they were both going with their attempts to try and convince him not to quit. He believed what they were saying but it was still hard to admit to himself that he didn't want to quit.

"I got stronger, gained confidence, got the girl of my dreams" Demetri then went a little off track, "Even if she ends up leaving me for some hot Aussie dude she meets there"

AJ cleared her throat and gave Demetri a look, "What he means to say is that you are responsible for a lot of our happiness through karate. It brought us closer together in more ways than just dating. I got to know you for you right off the bat, no secrets between us when we trained together. You helped me fall in love with you through karate as weird as it sounds"