Chapter 14

"Let's go" Johnny instructed the three he was sitting with once the debate was over, "We need to go talk to her"

He stood up and started walking down the stage with Bert, Miguel and AJ trailing behind him.

AJ had grabbed the wig from the bag and half way to the stage she jumped up and placed it on Miguel's head laughing.

Miguel grabbed the wig and chucked it at her with a small smile.

AJ giggled and dodged the wig with ease, "Nice aim" she teased the taller boy.

"Mills, Diaz, be professional!" Johnny snapped at his star students.

Miguel and AJ fell in line behind him still laughing at each other.

Devon glanced over at them with a judgmental look. She knew who AJ was and she honestly looked up to her. AJ was one to stand up for herself not caring if she had an audience and her strength not only her voice but physical. It was inspirational to the younger girl.

"Devon!" Bert called out with a smile and a wave, "I have someone you should talk to"

Devon raised an eyebrow as she got down from the stage and walked over to where they were.

"Hi, I'm Johnny Lawerence Sensei of Eagle Fang karate and we need you on our team!" Johnny pointed at her.

"Inspirational Sensei!"AJ spoke sarcastically getting a look from Devon, "What he means to say is we would really like to have you join Eagle Fang and kick some ass at the All Valley tournament"

"Uh huh" Devon nodded, "I mean I do like extracurriculars and karate does sound like fun, I've also been told I'm very aggressive"

"Yeah, no kidding you broke a book debate girl" AJ snorted with a smirk, "Nice move by the way"

"Thanks" Devon told her slowly becoming a little on edge with her presence after the nickname was spoken, it felt like she was making fun of her or would later on, "But why should I join, what's in it for me?"

"Being badass" Johnny spoke before Miguel took the lead.

"We need girls to come in and help us win the tournament with AJ now that there are gender divisions and skills competitions" Miguel explained, "And we feel like you would be a really good fit"

"We need you to be a backup for me when I win" AJ muttered under her breath with the same attitude she had at Cobra Kai.

She didn't know what possessed her to say it out loud it just came out. AJ was having more moments like that and it felt like she was back at Cobra Kai.

With the pressure of another girl coming in and Johnny saying that they needed her to win was making her more and more anxious day by day and her inside thoughts are coming out.

"Didn't you get dog food dumped on your head?" Devon snidely asked AJ overhearing what she said, "That's not very champion like."

AJ's eyes widened as she stared at Devon in shock, "Okay you know what debate girl!" AJ began advancing in her direction.

"No! No, no, no" Miguel stepped in and wrapped his arms around her waist before pulling her away.

"But she-" AJ gestured towards Devon in annoyance.

"I don't care!" Miguel shrugged, "Don't care! We need her AJ and you know it. We need the extra points overall and in case you get hurt we need someone to have our back so please just be civil!"

"Fine!" AJ huffed blowing air on her bangs.

"Thank you and if you need someone to talk to you can talk to me, I got your back" Miguel assured her with a small smile.