Chapter 7

"Aubrey" Eli repeated for what felt like the twentieth time that class period, "Are you okay?"

AJ finally acknowledged her boyfriend after drifting off lost in her own thoughts. She had a lot on her mind.

First, it was everything that Robby said to her the day that she finally saw him again, did she really always run to Eli to fix things? Even when she didn't mean to?

Second, Tory had texted her earlier just to update her about her new job and how it felt like she was working at a strip club instead of a kids party place.

AJ felt incredibly guilty hiding the fact that she was still in contact with Tory from Eli but she also felt like she had no choice. The rivalry was getting worse and she knew that if she mentioned she was still in contact with someone from Cobra Kai it would immediately blow up in her face and she hated that.

Why couldn't the rivalry be light hearted and some fun activity? Why did it have to be a rivalry where people actually had to fear for their own safety?

"I'm okay Mohawk" She looked over at him and smiled, "Just lost interest in the great work that is Frankenstein"

Eli nodded a little as he watched AJ fidget with her snake ring. He had noticed that she had been playing with the ring a lot more than usual and he figured it was because Richie decided to make his appearance  again.

"Okay" He smiled as he grabbed her hand that was resting on the long desk between them.

AJ smiled back at him before trying to pay attention to the lecture that was going on about the classic.

After the class period was over AJ and Eli split ways to go to their other respective classes. AJ was lucky enough to have Yasmine and Moon in her next class but unlucky to have Richie also accompany them.

Throughout the course of the class AJ noticed the strange looks that were passed between Moon and Richie, almost like they had little inside jokes about the lesson.

AJ glanced over at Yasmine who was already staring at her with the same look of confusion on her face.

In response to her AJ just shrugged as if to say, 'hell if I know'. Yasmine made a subtle heart shape with two of her fingers to which AJ gave a fake muted gag at the idea.

Yasmine rolled her eyes at the other girls actions but allowed a small smirk to form on her lips.

AJ gave Yasmine another glance as all of the past thoughts about her friendship with Tory resurfaced. She was glad to have Yasmine by her side through everything.

Sure they hated each other when they first met but now they were closer than ever, inseparable some would say. And neither of the girls would want it any other way. They finally found their true friend who they can be themselves around and that to both of them was special.

Throughout the entire lesson AJ just stayed focused on gossiping with Yasmine about the latest news that she overheard at The Aries. If she was being honest she needed the distraction that Yasmine always brought.

It felt really good to have a friend who wasn't involved in karate or the rivalry aside from just dating someone in Miyagi-Do. Yasmine was like a breath of fresh air for her to not worry about being judged based on which dojo she was apart of.

As she exited the class next to Yasmine she was then met with her automatically kissing the tall boy who was waiting for the blonde.

"You two are so revolting" AJ teased them as they kissed in the hallway.

Yasmine just waved her hand at AJ not breaking the kiss with her boyfriend.

AJ shook her head and held her hands up laughing, "Okay, shit, I get the hint" she turned on her heel and walked down the hall, not before calling over her shoulder, "No having sex in the hallway, only empty classrooms!"