Chapter 18

"AJ?"

AJ glanced up at the boy standing in front of her, he had a look of concern on his face as he studied her reaction and her emotions.

"Are you okay?" Miguel asked, "I've been calling your name for a while now"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" AJ responded softly as she pulled on a string on her Eagle Fang uniform.

Miguel didn't believe her. He knew her well enough to know when she was lying and she was obviously lying now.

"I call bullshit" He spoke shocking her, "What's going on, is it the tournament, is it Eli, what is it?"

AJ paused for a moment still not over him cursing at her, "Its both of those things and so much more" she sighed and leaned her head against the wall she was sitting against.

"Can you tell me about it?" Miguel sat down next to her trying to ignore how loud the rest of the dojo members were.

"I tell you everything don't I?" AJ raised an eyebrow at him with a slight grin.

He shook his head laughing a little, "Fair enough" Miguel said, "Now what's going on?"

AJ took a deep breath before explaining what was making her practically paralyzed with fear. Flashbacks of the story played in her head as she told it.

---------------------------------------------

"This is horrifying" AJ stated staring at the stage that Tessa had set up for karaoke night. 

"You're fucking telling me, she's trying to convince me to go up there but I told her to fuck off" Richie slid into place next to her leaning against one of the high tables that the Aries had just like she was.

"You better have not pulled me into it somehow" AJ gave him a glance knowing that Richie would one hundred percent pull her down with him.

Richie shook his head, "The only thing I told her was that you also did musical theatre"

"You dick!" She whisper yelled at him and punched him in the arm, "Now she's going to try and get me up there"

Richie rolled his eyes at her before looking off to the side of the restaurant his stomach suddenly dropping, "Sawyer Wilson?" 

AJ turned when she heard Sawyers name and the shock that Richie had in his voice when he saw her.

"Have you not seen her yet?" AJ asked him and only got a silent shake of a head in response.

"Richie!" Sawyer exclaimed with a large grin before running and giving the boy a tight hug which he did not reciprocate.

AJ rolled her eyes and leaned on the table her good mood instantly ruined at the sight of Sawyer.

Richie pulled her away from him still in shock that the girl was in the Valley, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Sawyer giggled and ran a hand through her hair, "I moved here a couple of months ago, I didn't know you did to!"

"Yep, I did" Richie said swallowing hard, "Um how have you been?"

"I've been good, except for the fact that Aubrey Mills is here too," Sawyer sighed glancing at AJ who stared at her unimpressed, "Remember her? Frizzy curly hair, dumb nose ring, does karate, super weird in general and of course can't forget those dog like eyes!"

"How could I forget her?" Richie played dumb, "But there is one thing you're forgetting about her" 

AJ glanced at the boy next to her wondering with fear if he was going to return to his old ways and also attempt to tear her self esteem down.