Chapter Seven (Pure Vanilla POV)

(Day 2:
Early Early morning)

Mm.. I could feel the rays of the sun against myself in the old bed, it was morning. I didn't want to get up though.
I didn't want to do anything.
Maybe the previous day was just a dream, and I'll wake up in my bed.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, sighing after confirming what I had already known.
My kingdom, my friends..
I had my staff with my when Dark Cacao had grabbed me by the hand, but I left it in the living room with him.. Why? I cannot remember.

I sat up from the bed and closed my eyes again, before walking out of the bedroom.

"Dark Cacao?"

I whispered, not wanting to wake him if he hadn't already woke. So I opened my eyes, but he wasn't asleep on the couch either. I looked over at where I had put my staff and saw it gone too.

I started to freak out.

Where had they gone? Please don't say they're dead. No no.

I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. It didn't work.
I left the old house, thank goodness it was a quiet area. No zombies..

But where could they be!?

I looked around until I saw something in the trees, a figure.
I stepped towards it until I realized it was Dark Cacao. But someone was with them, holding my staff. Who was it?

All of a sudden I felt a hand cover my mouth from behind, grabbing me by my waist with their other hand to keep me still.

I kicked at them, and they pulled me towards the other person who had my staff.
I punched at the person once more, but it didn't do much.
I felt them move their hand up just the slightest to block my breathing.
I fought all the more, and glanced forwards to see Dark Cacao tied up, perhaps this was a group of scavengers.. Or raiders of some sort.
If so they may be dangerous.. I closed my eyes to think.. I can't let them get away with the little things we have. I turned my head in a quick movement and bit at the person's finger.
They yelped and I kept biting as hard as I could, until I tasted their blood.
I bit harder until I felt them release me.
I stepped towards Dark Cacao, and opened my eyes last second to see the man's companion stab at me with a slim knife. I ducked under, trying to get away from a vital point, but instead it had stabbed my eye.

I cried out in pain and got on my knees, holding my hands over my eye, feeling tears and blood fall into my hand, I kept sobbing until I heard the thund and the thumping of bodies. I opened my uninjured eye and glanced at Dark Cacao, he had been chewing through the rope the whole time, and had knocked out the other people.

I closed my eye again and held my hand over my eye once more.

"Pure Vanilla- Pure Vanilla.. Move your hand-"

I shook my head, it hurt so much,
I felt him grab my hands and pull them away from my eye, then he grabbed something, that seemed to be a cloth from one of the men and held it against my eye to stop the bleeding.

"Dark Cacao.. What exactly happened?"

He kneeled beside me and continued to hold the cloth up.

"They snuck in the house trying to find supplies, they saw my crown and your staff, and they thought about how valuable the stuff we owned might've been."

He paused then continued

"They recognized the staff and me after awhile, and started asking where you were. But they didn't know the house's layout. So they tied my up when I was asleep, and waited until they saw your staff start to freak out. Then they'd know when you'd leave the house to look, which you did. So they're just crooks."

Stupid.. We could've shared the bedroom and we would've both been safe.

I slowly got to my feet, and took the cloth from Dark Cacao so I could hold it to my own eye.

"Can I see my staff?"

I felt Dark Cacao hand it to me.

"We'll need to find someplace safer, Pure Vanilla."

"I know.. But I don't know where."

Dark Cacao sighed

"I can find someplace this time."

I felt him grab my hand which had been holding the staff, and he walked off down the road. I heard faint Growls and groans from time to time.. But nothing ever attacked us.

After awhile we had made it to the city.

Dark Cacao saw a trailer van parked on the side of the road and led me to it.

I opened my eye and looked at it, Dark Cacao picked the lock and opened the door.
We stood up the car steps inside, then he locked the door behind us. It had a couch, sink, cooler, small table, toilet, and a bed up the small latter.

"Will this be suitable?"

I nodded and looked in the car's compartment.

I reached for the med kit I found inside and grabbed something to clean the wound. I quietly and painfully treated it while Dark Cacao stood by and watched.

"Are you alright Pure Vanilla?"

"Of course.. I don't need my eyes to see.. It just.. Hurts."

I got up and walked to Dark Cacao and hugged him, he hugged back.

I heard Dark Cacao mumble something.

"After we let your eye heal a bit.. We can go to my kingdom. I do not know hoe the snow affects them, and you need some armor to defend youself."

That reminded me..

"You left your armor at the abandoned house.."

"I'm more skilled in combat, I have a lower chance of getting hurt anyways."

I didn't want to argue with him, so I just sighed.

"Alright.. We'll head to your kingdom next.. I hope everyone there is safe."

"Me too, me too."

I looked at the small latter that lead to the bed.

"Can we uhm.. Share a bed? Not to be- erm. Awkward or anything. Y'know? Like- a normal thing- for safety reasons."

Dark Cacao nodded, then climbed up the latter. I set my staff behind the latter, then I climbed up and curled up besides him, to fall asleep yet again.