𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

WHEN IT WAS HER TURN, BELLE APPROACHED CAESAR WITH A SMILE

WHEN IT WAS HER TURN, BELLE APPROACHED CAESAR WITH A SMILE. Caesar offered her his hand as she made her way through the steps, smiling at him as a thank you.

"Oh, the Golden Girl. Please, welcome Belle Peacebrook from District 4!"

Everyone cheered. She was indeed a favorite. She was beautiful, she could be charming, and she was mysterious enough to make people think she had some interesting secrets they were desperate to uncover. Finnick hiding her from the Capitol had made her even more desirable, like the prohibited apple from District 4, someone that everyone wants to have yet is kept inside a cage made of glass.

"Hello Caesar, it's been so long," she said as she sat down on the chair next to him. "Always so stylish."

"Not more than you," he replied with a big smile. "Look at that dress. Gold is something you are known for, aren't you? You wore a short golden dress to the Dinner with the tributes, it's something we've seen you before. But, what we haven't seen is that beautiful sea green makeup you have on, have we? That's new. A beautiful color."

"I find it beautiful myself as well," she let him know.

"And kind of... familiar. There's only one person in which I've seen that color. Ladies... you know what I mean." Belle looked away. "Is the most awaited couple of District 4 finally happening?"

Belle faked a laugh. "Oh, Caesar, you cheeky little gossip man," she said, receiving a laugh from the audience. "I do not kiss and tell."

"Oh! So there has been a kiss! Yes! Yes!" He exclaimed, excited. "Oh, we've been waiting for this couple for years, haven't we? Haven't we?"

"But Caesar, I don't think anything I can tell you will change tomorrow's outcome." The audience turned sad for a second, but they were all in the edge of their seats, just as she wanted them to be.

"Yes... it's so sad. Even though you are the most mysterious victor that there has ever been, we feel like we've known you. We've seen you grow up. It's painful... but necessary." Belle frowned but quickly shook it away. "Do you feel ready for tomorrow's Quarter Quell?"

"Caesar... I'll be honest with you. I'll say it once and then I'll never say it again. Just you and me. I'll let you in one of my secrets, what do you say?"

Caesar seemed incredibly excited. "Oh please, tell me everything!"

Belle smiled widely, her eyes looking at the seconds remaining on the clock, and she took a few moments to reply before saying. "Tomorrow, on the arena, my winning secret will be..."

The buzzer went off, disappointing the audience as they were hopefully waiting for it.

"No!" Caesar explained before pointing at her with his finger. "You did it on purpose, Peacebrook!"

"Maybe," she said as she stood up. "Guess you'll have to see me in the arena to find out."

Caesar stood up as well. "Belle Peacebrook, District 4, ladies and gentlemen!"