𝐭𝐞𝐧

FINNICK QUICKLY STOOD UP, GRABBING HIS TRIDENT AS IF HE WAS READY FOR ANY THREAT

FINNICK QUICKLY STOOD UP, GRABBING HIS TRIDENT AS IF HE WAS READY FOR ANY THREAT. He then realized it was just a fog.

"What..." But he didn't have time to ask as his voice was covered by Katniss's screams of pain, as her skin blistered.

"Run!" That was enough to wake up Peeta and Belle. "Run!"

Finnick hurried to put Belle's arm over his shoulder and lift her up from the ground. Her burns were showing, and she wasn't as fine as she made everyone believe she was. She was barely holding on.

Finnick began dragging her as he ran, Katniss and Peeta running behind them.

"What is it!? What is it!?" Finnick yelled as she helped Belle run.

"Some kind of fog. Poisonous gas. Hurry, Peeta!" Katniss yelled, even though Peeta wasn't the one being slow.

It was Belle. The faster of the four, the one that seemed to have the games figured out, couldn't take two steps before crumbling. Peeta, with one leg, was faster than what she ever could be.

"Belle, come on!" Finnick yelled at her while Katniss and Peeta had already moved faster and had passed them. "Katniss help!"

Katniss turned around, seeing just in time for Belle to fall on the ground, helpless.

And that's when a bit of fog catches her foot and goes all the way up to her leg. It's worst that the blisters, or the burn... it goes right up to her nerves. Her whole leg twists, as if all of her muscles in that leg had just died.

And she yells.

"Finnick!" She screams in horror, and Finnick's eyes become so watery. He began dragging her across the soil, until they make it four or five yards away from the fog. But it was coming. "Finnick!"

Katniss arrived to their side, and so did Peeta. "You'll have to carry her."

Finnick doesn't even think twice before lifting her up from the ground. "Katniss. Downhill. Diagonally. You'll arrive to the water. Go! Go!"

Peeta, Katniss and Finnick with Belle on his arms began running. Finnick kept thinking Belle was going to die in any second. He couldn't let her die. She had already died once in that day, she couldn't die twice.

Katniss and Peeta's hands were doing the same that Belle's leg. They were twisting, their nerves being affected. And the fog was reaching their toes at every step they took. Peeta was the first to fall, and Katniss had to drag him until they both fell, dragging Finnick with them.

Rolling downhill, the four landed on some harsh soil in between vines, where Katniss watched the fog go up instead of towards them, as if a wall had stopped it from following them. A forcefield, but invisible.

"Water," Katniss said, breathless, as she crawled until the soul became sand, and she reached the edge of the water with her hands, immediately burning. It was pain, but then... healing. The wound of the fog had healed. "Guys! The water!"