19

Warnings:
-Mentions sexual assault/rape
-Mentions physical (child) abuse

George's POV

Clay and I fell asleep at four pm in each other's arms. We didn't plan to fall asleep, but we understood each other really well and mental problems were exhausting.

I slowly woke up when it was hours later and gently pulled Clay's arm away so I could sit up, checking the time on his alarm. It was 6:24pm and I looked at Clay who was still peacefully sleeping.

I smiled and saw him turn slightly, whining when he noticed he didn't have anyone to hold anymore. I laid back down and he immediately wrapped his arms around me again, smiling brightly.

I lifted myself up higher and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead which caused him to hold me even tighter. 'Stay with me,' he mumbled with an unclear voice while he was still asleep.

'I will,' I whispered. 'I'm staying with you.'

He nodded slowly and then smiled. 'Okay.'

I couldn't tell if he was actually asleep, but he laid down on his back, pulling me with him. His breathing rhythm went slower again which made me realise he fell back into a deep sleep.

~~~

Clay slept for another hour and then woke up slowly, sitting up as carefully as he could. 'Sore,' he mumbled.

'Your body is very bruised,' I answered as he sighed softly and then grabbed my hand to play with my fingers.

'Is my father home?'

I shrugged. 'I'm not sure. I don't think I heard anyone coming home, but I slept for a while too.'

Clay nodded and sat up more. 'Did you take the towels away?'

'I did when you fell asleep,' I answered. He smiled at me and tapped his shirt.

'It's not completely dry yet. I'm changing to a new shirt and a hoodie because my dad and sister aren't allowed to know I hurt myself,' he mumbled as he tried to stand up.

He winced softly so I stood up and lifted him up carefully, holding him as he grabbed a new shirt and a hoodie. I let go of him as he pulled off his shirt and he sighed.

'I have football training tomorrow...' he scoffed. 'Well, football training in a hoodie is going to get so many comments.'

'How did you hide your cuts before?'

'We had a winter stop,' Clay replied. 'Before that I wore long sleeves and I used to only cut my thighs. When the break came I started cutting my arms too.'

I breathed out and nodded slowly. 'I don't think it's a good idea if you go to training now anyway. You can barely move yourself.'

He stared at his hands. 'I almost want them to see my bruises now... is that because I'm an attention whore?' His voice was insecure and sad.

'No, that's not because of attention, but I think it's most likely because you want them to believe you.'

He nodded slowly. 'I don't want to tell them I wasn't lying, I just want them to figure it out. But I'm not going to, I don't want them to see my cuts and I can't walk anyway.'

'How often do you have soccer practice?'

'I'm not sure. It's my first training again after the break. I used to have it two times a week, but I went to a higher level. It might go up to three now. I really don't want to go, but I think it's better if I do. I'm just showing up and then I'll tell my teacher I'm "injured".'

'Alright, but make sure to not force yourself into doing things you don't want to,' I smiled.

'Well, I already did that with my dumb girlfriend,' he sighed. His look turned really sad and I smiled comfortingly, laying back down with him.

'In my opinion,' I started. 'I think you're a virgin and that these things don't count.'

'I'd rather never have a sexual relationship anymore unless I know for sure it's the person I'll love forever,' he scoffed. 'My stupid friends are so hopeless and constantly think about sex, masturbation and porn. It genuinely upsets me. Wait, I'm sorry if you're interested in that stuff.'

'I'm not,' I answered. 'Never done or watched any of that and I don't feel very interested in it either.'

He sniffed softly. 'I'm always so scared while doing it with her too, because she forbids me to wear protection. I've argued multiple times about it because I want it to be safe, but she doesn't listen to anything I say. I'm literally the fifth person she does this with...'

He looked at me in his arms and then sobbed softly, having his eyes fill with tears.

'I'm just going to cry again like a stupid bitch, but I really wanted my first time to be special. All these popular guys in my friend group don't care at all and just want to do it with whoever and whenever they can, but I really wished it would have been special.'

'Clay, I don't want you to count this, okay? She forces you and it's actually rape if you don't consent to it and she still does it. I don't think you lost your virginity.'

He was quiet and then I saw a big smile fill his face, his cheeks getting red from happiness.

'Wait, really?' He lifted himself up with the happiest face and a soft giggle. 'You really see it like that? Because I wanted to stay a virgin until I was ready and maybe even till marriage because that makes me feel safe. Am I actually?'

'You are a virgin, yeah.'

Clay's cheeks were bright red from happiness and he pulled me very close to hug me tightly. 'You don't even want to know how happy that made me.'

He squeezed his hands and then squealed happily. 'I love you so much, you made me so happy. Don't ever leave me, I love you forever.'

'Aww,' I giggled. 'I love you too.'

'You're my best friend, you've brought me more happiness the past few days than my friends did the past few years. I care so much about you and I hope you're never leaving me.'

'I won't,' I answered.

1037 words