30

Warnings:
-Mentions physical (child) abuse
-Mentions rape/sexual assault
-Physical abuse/bullying
-Mentions usage drugs
-Mentions murder

Clay's POV

It was a few hours later. I didn't see my ex anymore after the principal went to look for her. I just had my last class and I sighed softly as I stood up and walked outside of the classroom, looking for George as I realised I got cornered by almost all my old friends.

⚠️ Physical abuse/bullying

They definitely didn't hear the news about my ex yet and I got pushed against the wall which really hurt my bruised back.

'Stop! I didn't do anything, my ex did it. She got arrested! I promise, I didn't do anything to her.'

'YES, YOU DID!' one of them screamed. He kicked me against my shin and grabbed my shoulders, pushing me onto the floor.

I fell down on my back again which caused me to feel breathless for a few seconds. I rolled away and tried to lift myself up again.

I got kicked down onto the floor again and curled up as they looked at me.

'You should actually just kill yourself, do you realise that? You raped a girl multiple times, you lied about being abused, you self harm for attention. Just kill yourself, dude. No one cares.'

I got kicked again, this time harder. I didn't want to be so helpless again and I lifted myself up with all the strength I had. I felt anger within me, all the anger I had hidden for the past years came up and revealed itself.

⚠️ Over

I pushed the boy very hard, hitting him again the wall. I didn't stop myself anymore and lifted my fist, slamming it on his cheek as he winced and people tried to get me off him. I pushed them away and the boy in front of me scoffed.

'Imagine lying about your dad abusing you and then being the abuser yourself. Poor little boy can't defend himself from his dad and becomes the abuser himself.'

His words hurt me so deeply that started piercing the skin on his shoulders with my nails.

'I hate you so much,' I started with a quiet voice, looking up slowly. 'I didn't rape her... SHE, A GIRL, RAPED ME, A BOY! I'M NOT THAT HORNY TEEN YOU THINK I AM, I'M NOT LIKE YOU. I DON'T WANT TO DO SHIT WITH PEOPLE, I WANT TO BE FREE AND HAPPY.'

It was quiet and the boy's grin dropped as he looked at me shaking and fighting against my tears.

'I DIDN'T RAPE HER, I GET BEATEN UP BY MY DAD EVERY SINGLE DAY! I CUT MYSELF BECAUSE I FEEL SO HOPELESS THAT THAT'S MY ONLY WAY OF SURVIVING!'

People in the hallway stopped walking as they looked at me and then at the boy I was pushing against the wall.

'DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS WHEN YOU'RE NEVER SAFE? AT HOME I GET BEATEN UP, AT SCHOOL I GET BULLIED AND BEATEN UP, MY EX RAPED ME WHEN I WAS THERE!'

I stamped my feet on the floor and let go of his shoulders, punching the wall as hard as I could, screaming after that from the pain. I got so angry that I hit the wall over and over again, falling down onto my knees.

'I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, I ALWAYS GOT ABUSED BY EVERYONE. NOW I FINALLY HAVE A REAL BEST FRIEND AND EVERYONE IS HATING ON US. I'M SO SICK OF IT, I HATE YOU!'

I bursted out into tears and tried to climb back up. My body was too weak to get back up and I curled up on the floor as I cried loudly.

'I will give you what you all want. I won't be at school anymore... never,' I whispered as I climbed back up slowly. I looked at the boy in front of me who was completely quiet now. His mouth was slightly agape as he stared at me and I looked at my hands.

'George told me that all the scars I have on my arms are because I won another fight of being very upset, lonely and anxious. I still think that's true, but I do think I can't take it anymore now. I don't know where he is and you're not going to care, but... he's my best friend and I love him.'

'I-,' the boy whispered.

I lifted my shirt up a tiny bit and ran my finger over my bruises. 'They are real and really painful. I didn't jump down the stairs, I got thrown around the house until bookshelves fell on top of me. You know what my dad did? He ran off and let me suffocate. You know who helped me? George. Because George is the only one I've ever trusted with my abuse secret.'

I had tears streaming down my face as I turned around, suddenly bumping into Sapnap. I was about to push him away as he pulled me in for a really tight hug.

'I believe you,' he whispered as I sniffed softly. 'And I'm so sorry.'

I sobbed loudly now and he pulled me away from everyone as he turned around one more time. 'He's not lying, I was the dickhead who helped that stupid girl lie because she gave me pills to make me high. I don't remember everything, but enough to realise she's the one who is in the wrong.'

He grabbed my hand and pulled me with him to a quieter area. 'I'm so sorry, Clay,' he started, staring at his hands. 'A while back... before we even met, I witnessed my father killing my two year old sibling. He told me to stay quiet forever, but I wasn't the only one who knew. A few weeks back, he attempted to kill me and all of my siblings...'

I looked at him shortly and he stared at his feet. 'He killed all my siblings and I managed to escape. When he realised I escaped, he ran away and he's hiding himself somewhere. I don't know where he is... my depressed mother was so scared that she committed suicide this morning. Successfully...'

'Oh my gosh,' I whispered as he looked up at me too now.

'Ever since he killed my siblings, I lost myself. I became really depressed, lost interest in anything I did and eventually I started taking drugs that your ex gave me. I trusted her, she broke my trust... I wish I would have trusted you, but I didn't because I thought you were an asshole. Eventually, I couldn't let go of the mask I was keeping on every day and I let you go, which I cried about every time I was alone...'

I sat closer to him as he started sobbing softly.

'I lost everyone, even myself,' he mumbled. 'All of my three siblings were killed, my mother killed herself and my father is somewhere out there, looking for me and a chance to kill me.'

'Sapnap... do you remember what you do for and with my ex?'

He looked at me with an ashamed look on his face. 'I remember that we uh- you know... had sex a few times when I was high. I don't know how often and I regret it too. I let her cheat, did it with a random girl and I just don't know anymore. I guess you're right... saving yourself feels better now I just did it with a random girl.'

'Do you remember if you were able to fully give your consent?'

'I gave her my consent, but I was really high... she didn't really ask for permission to be fair, we just did it.'

'You're the one to decide if you find this rape or not,' I shrugged. 'And I'm proud of you for telling this to me.'

'I'm proud of you,' he smiled. 'And I'm so sorry.'

'It's okay,' I whispered as I pulled him closer. 'But I do want you to apologise to George because you broke him.'

'I will.'

1331 words