29

Warnings:
-Mentions rape (influenced by drugs)
-Mentions physical (child) abuse
-Mentions self harm

Clay's POV

I stayed with George for a short while and then searched around to find my "girlfriend". I was going to record what she said and did to me and then break up with her to see how she responded.

After I searched for her for minutes, I finally found her, sitting down with a big smile on her face. I ran up to her after I pressed the record button already, putting my phone back into my pocket with the microphone on top.

'Why did you do this? What is wrong with you?' I scoffed as I sat next to her. She grinned and rolled her eyes.

'Because I hate you, that's why. It's funny, Clay... no one believes you and you're going to rot away in jail for ages.'

'You're literally a psychopath. What have I ever done to you that you thought it was a good idea to do such a thing? You know I'm going to jail, right? Do you realise I'm falsely accused of something?'

'It's your own fault. You're an attention whore with those stupid cuts all the time. I don't care what happens to you, why would you ever seek so much attention?'

'You raped me, do you realise that? I'm not going to jail for your own actions. I cut myself because I feel hopeless. Not only because of my dad, but also because of you!'

'Just cut yourself more. Everyone believes me anyway, it's easy, Clay. I just cut myself once and they understand how hopeless I must have felt.'

'You're actually crazy. Saying that I let myself fall down the stairs or that you painted my bruises? What the hell is wrong with me?' I yelled as I stood up. 'I'm breaking up with you forever. I don't want to see you again, NEVER.'

'You won't see me in jail,' she grinned. 'I'm free, you have to suffer. Funny, isn't it? Shouldn't have been such a pussy, you know I was with you for sex and if you don't want sex then you shouldn't have been with me!'

'You told me that if I didn't have sex with you or if I'd break up, you'd tell everyone I cut myself and raped you. That's why I stayed with you, because I didn't want this to happen!'

'Too late, it already did. You shouldn't cheat on me next time,' she laughed.

'I didn't even cheat on you. George and I have a special, but platonic bond!'

'Pfft, sure. Anyway, I did cheat on you! With one of your friends,' she grinned.

'Sapnap?' I whispered.

'Did you not know that he's high all the time? As soon as he gets high, I take him with me and have some fun. He likes it.'

'High?'

'I mean... after his father killed his siblings and his mother committed suicide, he went completely crazy. I just gave him some pills to calm down and now he uses those every day. When he's high, we have sex. He never remembers what he does anyway.'

'That's rape,' I yelled out. 'He can't consent to that!'

'Too bad, he doesn't even know we talk. He was high again today and I told him to add things to your phone. He did, but doesn't remember that anyway. I'll give him more pills and have some fun again.'

'THAT'S RAPE! STAY AWAY FROM HIM.'

She stood up and pushed me with a grin. 'No one will believe that, Clay. They think you raped me and I can just have a boyfriend who does not remember what we do together.'

I turned around before I hurt her and started running away, turning the recording off. I immediately sent it to George who read the message.

George
Saved it, where are you?

You
I'm in the hallway to English. George, she rapes Sapnap and gives him drugs...

George
What the hell... okay, I'm on my way, stay there as long as you're far enough for that whore

You
Yeah, I am. I'm waiting :)

I sat down on a bench as I sent the recording to the principal's email, making sure he had it. Since it was so soon, I was going to him once George got here too.

George came running to me and he panted softly as he sat down next to me on the bench. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and spun his phone around in his hands. 'I listened to it, is that okay?'

'Of course, I trust you. I don't know... I feel bad for Sapnap now,' I mumbled softly.

'Same, to be honest. So... she gives him pills just to do it with him? And he doesn't remember anything about it?'

'He was high when I went to the changing room, I think. I have no idea what pills he used, but I think it's drugs then?'

George breathed out slowly. 'Maybe we should just talk to him about it when he's not high?'

'Mhm, but I do want to go to the principal now to show him the recording, okay?' I offered as I stood up. George nodded and we walked to the office again. I was feeling pretty nervous since I was afraid he'd not believe me anyway, but this was just literal proof.

I sighed and knocked on his door with George, going inside. I put my phone down on the recording. He looked at us and then to my phone, laying his pencil down as he listened carefully.

I sat in silence and scooted closer to George, holding his hand since I was really anxious. George seemed anxious too and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, smiling softly. 'It's okay,' he whispered. 'This is proof, alright?'

I nodded softly and looked up at the principal. He didn't say anything and stood up, walking to the door.

'I'm going to call the police, but not for you. I'm so sorry for accusing you of this without further investigating it. I hope I didn't damage your trust and I'm so sorry if I sounded sexist.'

'It's alright, sir. I'm already glad you believe me now,' I smiled.

'No problem,' he nodded, walking away to get my ex.

I took a relieved breath and held George tightly. 'We are free...'

1047 words