20

Warnings:
-Disordered eating thoughts
-Mentions bullying

George's POV

We chilled in Clay's room for a while until I heard Clay's dad coming home. Clay immediately froze and looked at me with a very anxious face.

'Don't be scared, I'm with you,' I smiled. 'I won't let him hurt you.'

'Okay...' he whispered. 'He might come upstairs while screaming so don't get scared. He always does that and then usually beats me up, but he might not know you're here. I'm putting on my hoodie because he can't see my cuts.'

I nodded and did the same, helping him after that. He laid down again and I laid next to him as I heard footsteps run up the stairs.

'YOU'RE BETTER HERE, PIECE OF SHIT. I HOPE YOU HAVE A LOT OF PAIN AFTER YOU MADE YOUR SISTER LIE TO ME!' his voice screamed loudly.

He opened the door and slammed it against the wall, running in with clenched fists. Clay was staring at his feet and moved them slowly as he lifted himself up more.

'Oh...' He looked at me in silence and then to Clay. 'That was just a joke.'

'No, it wasn't,' Clay suddenly mumbled. 'It wasn't a joke...'

His dad's face changed to a furious look and then he walked closer to Clay. 'Don't be like that, Clay. You know this is just a joke and it's not funny to act like it isn't.'

'Such a funny joke,' Clay scoffed. 'Explain to me why my face is so bruised? And my chest?'

'Because you play soccer.'

'Yeah, in the winter break,' Clay laughed. He opened his mouth to say something else until his dad squeezed his wrist. He winced because he was squeezing the most recent and deepest cut in his arm. Clay's mouth immediately shut again and he looked away.

'It's not funny to joke about being abused at home, Clay! Don't do that again, there are children who really go through this and I can go to jail only because you lie so much!'

He turned around and walked off again, slamming the door behind him. Clay breathed out and then started crying softly. I pulled him closer and comforted him while he cried.

~~~

Clay cried for an hour and eventually calmed down again. We walked downstairs to get some food together and even though I rather didn't eat, I didn't want to disappoint anyone. Clay made me feel a bit more secure to eat something.

Clay didn't say anything to his dad who sat on the couch and walked to the kitchen with me. He opened the fridge and shrugged.

'Want to order pizza?'

'Uh- sure...' I mumbled awkwardly. He noticed the hesitation in my voice and leaned in.

'I know you struggle with food, but you look beautiful. One pizza, you don't need to eat all of it, won't matter, Georgie.'

I smiled and sighed softly. 'Okay.'

He grabbed my hand and we went back upstairs as we sat on his bed. 'I'd like you to feel safe too, you can vent about your feelings if you need to, George.'

'Maybe I want to,' I mumbled. 'You can call first to order some pizza.'

'No,' he immediately said. 'Your feelings are way more important. Come on, let's lay down together and tell me whatever you want.'

I appreciated it that he found me more important than calling and we laid down as he cuddled up with me.

I breathed out and looked at him with a nervous smile. 'So uh- I don't know. It's nothing much, it's just... ever since I got bullied a lot, I got very insecure about myself. I guess I eat less than I used to, not only because we don't have much money, but also because I want to lose weight...'

Clay grabbed my hands. 'Georgie, I know Sapnap constantly calls you fat and whatever, but he's such a stupid idiot. I promise you that he's going to call me fat too now, just because he doesn't have any better insults than that one.'

'Do you think I'm fat? You can be honest to me, because I'll start trying harder to lose weight if I'm fat.'

'You're absolutely not fat at all, you're beautiful and you look perfect in my eyes. I don't know, maybe Sapnap is insecure about himself or anything and gets his self hate out on you.'

'If I eat this pizza, will I get very fat and will he bully me even more?' I asked quietly.

'No, he's going to be a dick no matter what and one pizza is not going to make you fat. If you eat five pizzas a day next to your other meals, that might make you fat in a few months.'

I breathed out and smiled. 'I haven't had pizzas in years because we don't have enough money for that and because I didn't want to eat it for a while. I do think I will be a bit scared.'

'We are eating this together and I don't mind whatever you do with the pizza. You can take off the cheese or anything, you can only eat a few pieces or just take some bites from a certain part. I don't mind at all, okay?'

'Thank you,' I mumbled with a happy smile. 'Ugh, you're so sweet. I just want to cuddle with you and be close to you.'

'I want the same, I really want to... I don't even know, a very close friendship with you. I've always craved this affection,' he whispered. 'I've always wanted a friend who I could feel comfortable with. I don't even need a relationship, I just want a very close friend I can be the exact same as with someone I'd be in a relationship with but just without all the kissing stuff and actually being in love.'

'Same,' I giggled. 'Guess I found my platonic soulmate.'

He chuckled and rested his head against mine. 'Do you want to be my platonic soulmate forever, please?'

'I'd love to,' I smiled with red cheeks from happiness. 'You're actually the most amazing friend I would have ever been able to get.'

He grinned and held me tightly as he grabbed his phone to call the pizzeria for two pizzas.

1040 words