Chapter Five.... Regret is a dish best served alone!

First version of Rhysa Perkins Taiwanese actress Annie Chen.....she is gorgeous! Yes she does look a bit like Jessica Alba...

I am switching the story from third to first person so there will be instances of the two points of view.  

"You know one thing I learnt about you this evening is that you are a first class bully!" 

How could a perfectly horrid day get any worse I thought? I was deliberately silent on the drive to my apartment. Chris seemed deep in thought when I stole a glance his way during the journey. He had removed his jacket and tie, rolled up his sleeves and opened a few top buttons of his shirt. 

What was he thinking? I wondered. He was probably cooking up some more mischief stew to round up my hellish day, I decided. Happiness was too light an emotion to describe my relief when the limo pulled into my driveway. Finally this day would end and I could fall asleep and dream until Sunday.

"Well thanks again for a pleasant evening Chris, I do hope that you have a peaceful drive to your place and have a good weekend."  The car had not even stopped properly before I was out of the door in a flash.

I  raced up the driveway to my front door. I fumbled in my purse to retrieve my keys. I quickly opened the door as the limousine started up its engine. I leaned against the door as I heard the limousine drive away. Whew I sighed as I sagged against my front door.

What a day and what a night! 

All I wanted to do was fall into bed. I put on the lights and took off my shoes and put them in the closet. 

My apartment was a ground floor two bedroom new built which was part of a three floor complex. It had an open plan design with a small entryway which opened up to a large space which was divided into four sections. A kitchen which was blocked off by a stool counter that was opposite the living area and adjacent to a dining area  with a small office area I had set up near the double doors which led out into a  medium sized garden. 

I walked down the  corridor which split the kitchen and dining area. I passed the second bedroom and bathroom on my way to my bedroom at the end of the corridor. I removed my bolero and my tights. I was about to unzip my dress but doorbell rang. 

Who could be calling at this time of the morning? 

He wouldn't I thought.

No.

Definitely not since Chris, I heard the limousine leave. I peeped out the window and noticed that the limousine was indeed gone. 

Now I had another worry. Who could be at my door at 4 am in the morning?

As a single woman I had taken some self defence classes after a demand from my father.

I walked slowly to the door and peeped out the door viewer. 

I almost screamed!

What was Chris doing here? 

I went to the window to double check that the limousine was indeed gone. 

Why was Chris not on his way back to where he had come from? I wanted to leave him outside but probably there was a problem with the limo.

"This had better be good O'Connor!" I greeted as I opened the door.

'Actually it will be..." he smiled, "but you have to let me in first to find out." I didn't budge. 

He smiled even more broadly.