Chapter 21.... I never liked surprises!

I was still fuming as I went home. I was exhausted after practically pushing myself at work. I needed to ease my frustration with Chris. The man had not even called once to apologise. That irked me even more. I was not sure what was up with him these days.

Lately I was not sure if we were coming or going? Either he was busy with work or acting like he was tired. I mean the man was healthier than me but he was always claiming he was tired. Was that a sign?

Did he not want to get married after all?

Was he rethinking the whole marriage thing? Did he have second thoughts? I mean he was the one who was chasing after me and asking me to marry him. I held out for months before I even accepted a relationship with him and now he was the one acting funny.

What was his problem? I was the one who would have to make all the changes if we got married. My name? My home? My body?

What was he even changing his sock draw?

I mean I was the one who would be making the most sacrifices here but he was the one acting different...let me be the diva not him!

I was too hyped so I went for a run around the area. Maybe a good three mile run would channel off my anger. I was enjoying my run and my mood was more stable. I turned into my driveway and noticed Chris' car parked in front of my place. Somehow my anger resurfaced so I decided to turn around and go for one more round. I was not ready to face him. My anger had calmed down but it had not died down when I noticed his car.

Twenty minutes later, I finally felt better and opened my front door. The lights were all on in my place.

The fact that Chris came over maybe he had a huge apology waiting to give me. I was expecting a huge bouquet of flowers or a lavish dinner well laid out on the table with candles and the whole shebang! A trip? Jewellery?

He was going to grovel for this latest slip up!

I took a deep breath and walked in. The place was quiet. I took off my headphones and grabbed a bottle of water. The place was too quiet. I looked around there were no flowers, no dinner laid out.

I was kinda disappointed but if he was in the bedroom then that would eliminate it all. I mean our sex life was great and if my man wanted to get back into my good books with some fly high sex then he was forgiven in a heartbeat!

I walked into my bedroom and I paused.

Chris was fast asleep on my bed.

I mean asleep!

On my bed!

The man... let me get this correct ...was asleep on my bed.

He had insulted me, ignored me all afternoon and not even attempted to apologise and now he was sleeping...ON MY BED!

I WAS LIVID NOW!

I went to the kitchen and decided to season up my anger. I filled a bowl with water. I placed it on the counter and added some salt and pepper and some mayonnaise and a lot of mustard since Chris hates the stuff. Hmmm! I might as well add some chilli and paprika for good measure. Ahh! How could I leave out good old English brown sauce, a lot of brown sauce!

I walked back to my bedroom and looked at Chris still in dreamland. My anger now had reached hurricane strength. I threw all sanity out of the window as I slowly poured the contents of the bowl on the person asleep in my bed.

Chris jumped up and screamed, "What the f"*k!"

I stood there glaring at him as he continued to rant. "Why? What is wrong with you?"