Chapter 15... Literary release

I needed to get out of this place. I looked at Chris and he looked at me worriedly.

"We need to talk Rhysa." He said walking away from me. I followed him down the corridor. He paused outside double wooden doors and opened them. I came up behind him and entered the room. It was a home office in combination with a library. It was elegantly furnished with a huge desk in the far corner and a few armchairs scattered around the room with a few sofas. There were shelves loaded with books. The books were old and new and many were hardcover bound. It had a very homely feel.

"Beautiful room." I commented as Chris closed the door and leaned against it.

"My mother loves to read, in fact we all do. This is own 'escape' when we visit." He said moving to the desk and leaning on the edge.

I walked around fingering the books on the middle shelf. There were quite a few classics in hard cover. I continued to walk along the shelves as I admired the vast literary collection in the room.

"Rhysa, I really like you and I want us to have a relationship." Chris confessed softly.

I pretended to not hear him and continued to look at the books.

"Why are you ignoring me?" he asked quietly. His voice was firm.

I turned around and looked at him. He was tense. I could sense that all his bravado was just a façade.

"Maybe I don't want this....us" I pointed a finger at him and me.

"I want a peaceful life, one where I can just focus on my career and maybe find a guy who is actually normal." I finished then I pulled a book from the shelf.

"You are too high maintenance and too controlling. You almost destroyed my career by your spiteful and very unprofessional ways." I stated.

"Rhysa I can give you peace, I can love you gently. I just want you to give us a chance." He was looking so determined.

"Forgive me but these past few weeks have been hell for me being apart from you, and knowing how mad you were with me." He admitted.

"I could only think how I botched this thing we have." He looked sad.

"Thing? We have no thing Chris!" I responded loudly.

"We have more than a thing, we have a fire Rhysa and every time we're near each other it's there pulling us together." He said getting off the desk.

"The only thing in your head is nonsense." I retorted.

"What about now? Don't you feel the pull?" He was approaching me slowly.

"No I don't." I responded defiantly but I was backing away from him as he approached.

I tried to look firm and resolute but the fact that Chris was now standing in front of me was making this frighteningly hard. I was against the shelf with no escape.

"Say it isn't so?" he asked standing much too close with a look of determined purpose in his eyes.

I swallowed as my throat closed up.

Chris said, "This is new for me, usually women chase and I run but you have turned the tables and I am walking on new territory." He held my chin and forced me to look at him. " I do not usually feel anything but when we had sex that was mind blowing. My body became one with yours and I know you felt it too."

"I may be doing this all wrong but when I think of you I smile." He touched my cheek. "You energise and excite me."

He traced his hand over my lips. "It's been a long time since I have felt so rejuvenated by a woman."