Pepas past

As we all sit down ready to eat, I sit there wondering why no one talks about Bruno, what did he do to make everyone hate him? While I was thinking about Bruno, I also I remembered that someone wasn't mentioned and I never found out their gift. I quickly look at Mirabel and I slightly nudge her "Hey Mirabel what is your gift?" I ask her, then the room went silent, not a good silent a cold awkward silence, all eyes were on Mirabel. But did I say something wrong I thought.
She gulps and shakes her head "I didn't get one but that's okay" she looks at me and forces a smile. the minute she says that everyone carries on with their conversation, Other than Mirabel who moves her food around her plate no longer eating.I sit their in silence eating the food that was prepared for me. Did I mess things up with her? She was so kind to me, why would I ask such a thing obviously there's a reason she didn't tell me I thought. "Who are you?" a cold voice says. I was so lost in thought I completely blanked out. "I said who are you!" The voice says sharply. I quickly jump up and look across the table to see who said that and Isabela is staring directly at me, she looks mad I think to myself "my name is y/n" I say quietly. At this point the rooms gone quiet again and everyone's staring at me. "Okay" she states staring me in the eye "where did you come from? Why are you here?" I gulp and look at Julieta who is staring at me, she gives me a smile. "I'm waiting" Isabela says. "Isabela behave yourself, you don't pressure her into answering your questions she'll answer them when she is ready" Julieta says to her. "A stranger has just walked into our casita, and you want me just to trust her. I've only just found out her name" Isabela shouts. My body starts to get hot I look down at my hand a sees a flicker of fire. I start to panic. Everyone is staring at me abuela, Pepa, Dolores all of them are. At this point I still wish I was with mirabel learning about them all, not being stared at.
Out of no where Pepa gets up, helps me out my chair and leads me out of the room.

She sits me down on a chair and gives me a glass of water, I take the water from her and sips a bit of it. She reaches for the glass to put it down for me. As she grabs it she flinches " how come the glass is hot she asks" my eyes widen, a rain cloud starts to form over her heard. I have to come up with something quickly! "Oh umm... I'm sorry Pepa when I get anxious my body overheats" she raises an eyebrow but nods her head "I understand how I am exactly the same" she says as she puts the drink down and sits next to me. "But obviously with thunder and that" she says and starts laughing. The rain cloud suddenly disappears, thank god she must have believed me. I look at her and say "Pepa can I ask you a question?" She looks at me concerned but says "of course you can y/n, what is it?" I take a deep breath and say " do you like your gift?" Everything went silent she looked away from me, to look at the family portrait. "Not all the time but I'm grateful for the gift I was given" a tiny rain cloud forms above her head. "How come I ask her?" Nearly on the edge of my seat, I know I shouldn't ask but I want to know more about her. "Well umm.. the weather are based on my emotions right.. so I can't really express them" she says, after that she gets up "bye y/n" and walks straight out the room.
That's all I needed from her. I ran out the casita and to the back of it. I sat down and closed my eyes, thinking of Pepa, leading myself to her past, a memory.

PEPAS PAST

"Mamá", a little girl cries, and goes running to a young woman, the woman had her hair in black plaits she was wearing a lovely purple skirt. I stared at the skirt, this must be Mirabels Abuela I thought to myself. The little girl runs to Abuela, with a rain cloud over her head. "Pepa you have a cloud" Abuela says sharply at her daughter. Young Pepa looks up and shakes the cloud away and sucks up her tears. "I'm sorry mamá, I fell over and hurt myself" she says sniffing, another rain cloud forms and Abuela smacks it away. "You'll be okay, no off you go" she says while not even looking at her. Pepa dropped her head to the floor and starts to walk off. "And Pepa, no more rain clouds I don't want a disaster to happen" Abuela stated blandly. Pepa stops walking and looks at her mother and says forcing a smile "clear skies". Abuela walks off leaving Pepa staring at the empty space where the person she looked up to the most use to be standing.

Pepa walked into her room, it was magnificent. There were rainbows that lasted forever, suns that burned so bright, waterfalls that were calm and rivers that flowed for miles. She sat down on the edge of her bed, and takes a couple deep breaths. "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies" she repeats over and over again.

BACK IN THE PRESENT

"Y/n!" Mirabel comes running to me. I opened my eyes and realised I was back in the present. I quickly get up and shake the mud from off my clothes. "Heyy mirabel" I say still trying to figure out what just happened. She grabs my hand, "I forgot to show you something" and she begins to drag me.

Hey guys thank you for the reads, sorry this chapters kinda long haha.
Please leave some feedback if you have any <3