Discovering Bruno

I stood still in my path and stared at the person. "Hello?" I said my voice shaking from what happened at supper, and also seeing a random man standing in front of me staring directly at me wasn't really helping. But suddenly the voice spoke out "Y/n its so good to see you!" Said the man, while walking toward me "my name is Bruno"'he said smiling. I stared at him "bruno?" I replied "as in we don't talk about Bruno?" I added on. He laughed a bit, but I can tell it was hurting him "yes, imagine they still say that" he smiled weakly. "Well I've been waiting for years for your arrival." He said happily while taking my hand and leading me through the tunnel. I didn't know where I was going but I was too curious too even care.

As I was looking around there were cracks everywhere. But it almost looked like they were being patched up. "Bruno have you-" but before I could finish my sentence, I didn't notice Bruno had stopped walked and I walked straight into him and fell on the floor. "Bruno my life" I snapped. But as I looked around he was no where to be seen. "Bruno!" I shouted and out of surprise Bruno was down in a ditch. "Thanks for the push y/n really appreciate it, is this your way to greet people" he said and started laughing. I looked down at him and gasped, then started laughing myself. "Not funny anymore, now help me up" he snapped. "It's only not funny for you no more because I'm laughing" I said. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out the ditch, while fighting back laughing. My face went bright red and he just stared at me "oh just laugh, hurry get it over and done with" he said and rolled his eyes. I sat on the floor put my head in my hands and started sniggering. He just stood there and stared at me.

5 MINUTES LATER

"Okay get up now y/n that's enough laughing" he tried to say angrily, but couldn't help but smile. "Okay okay I'm sorry" I said gasping for air as Bruno helped me to my feet. He helps me across the other side of the ditch, and we carry on walking. "Bruno the cracks have you been patching them?" I ask him. He looks at me "no no no I'm too scared to go near those things, all the patching done by Hernando" he says "Wait who's Herna-" but before I could finish my sentence, he puts on his hood over his head puts a deep voice on and says  "Im Hernando and I'm scared of nothing!" I look at him shocked. He then pulls down the hood and says "it's actually me, I used to say my real gift was 'acting'." He chuckles. He then throws a bucket over his head and says in a altered voice "I'm Jorge, I make the spackle" I clear my throat and said to him "how long have you been back here?"

"Ten years" he implies and carries on walking. As we walk we enter a small room, there were rats jumping all over the place, record players, brushes, and chairs . suddenly salt is thrown into my face "thanks" I mumble and roll my eyes. He doesn't seem to be listening he is now in his own world, walking past wood and knocking it all. Strange I thought. As he was distracted I decided To walk over to the table and in doing so I saw a picture that had been drawn on with the name "Bruno" on it. I placed my hand on the table and sighed. He walked up behind me and said " umm my gift wasn't helping the family, but uh I love my family you know." I turned around and faced him. Under his eyes were black, he was tired and fatigue. His hair was turning grey, and he was so skinny, if he has lived here for ten years then he hasn't ate properly. It killed me when I didn't eat properly for months, and I was scavenging for food but for ten years I couldn't do that. "Bruno you're so brave" I said to him and I gave him a hug. I could tell he was hurt, and he needed this hug just like I needed that one from Julieta. I pulled away and remembered he knew who I was and he said he was expecting me I then asked him "how come you needed to see me and how do you know my name" he smiled "I can see the future, can't I?" He laughed. "Oh I forgot" I said while watching him struggle to sit down. I went over and helped him "thank you" he said "but y/n you can see the past, create fire and go invisible" he smirked.
I proceeded to look at the floor. I didn't like my gifts anymore from what happened at the supper I mean I didn't always like them but I started to accept that I had them. I was welcomed into the family and the reason I left was because of what I did, I should've told them everything but I didn't. "What happened at supper wasn't your fault y/n" I looked up at him. "I know I know" I said trying to force a smile. He quickly changed the subject. "Well to answer your question, Alma (Abuela) told me to go look into the future, she felt like something was going to happen, someone was going to show unexpected someone who had been through a lot" I stared at his words. I swallowed as the next words he said were "that person was you."

"So why have I been called here bruno?" I said, I wanted to know more. "Well uh actually I didn't get that far into the vision, it all went black nothing else was there" he said. I face palmed. "We'll get up then" I said pulling him out of his chair. "Why! What are we doing?" He said shocked. "More like what you're doing" I said while dragging him. "You're having another vision to see if anything's changed" I smiled.