Isla

4 hours later

It was dinner time, Isla was still here I could tell she wasn't leaving anytime soon. We all sat down while our plates were being handed out with food on. Julieta sprinkled her powder on mine. I knew I was still ill but I was strong again, that's all that mattered the most. Everyone was in their own private conversations including Isla. Antonio was speaking to his animals, Félix and pepa were talking about some strange thing pepa found. Luisa and Isabela were talking about who has the best gift. Everyone seemed happy, until something I dreaded happened "So how did you two meet?" Mirabel asked. Everyone stopped talking, they wanted to know. I looked at Isla and she looked at me back. I swallowed my saliva and said "we was both in the same orphanage." Bruno didn't look very happen when I said the word orphanage. He never liked me mentioning it, all the guilt came rushing back to him whenever I mentioned it. I had to though, I didn't know what else to say. Isla smiled "yeah we were like sisters weren't we Y/n" she said sternly. I got goosebumps, why was she here! She was getting on my nerves. "When I found out y/n had powers, I was quite shocked. She never used them for the greater good. Didn't you y/n?" She said cutting her eyes at me. "What do you mean she didn't use them for the greater good" Abuela repeated what Isla had said. "I mean she wasn't really the best behave, using her fire power to burn the nurses." Bruno looked at me, he seemed angry. Why did he seem angry? It was his fault. "They were abusive!" I snapped at her, and slammed my fists on the table. "What are you even doing here, you're not welcome" I said pointing my finger at her. She smirked, "well by the looks of it neither are you." What did she mean by that. "What are you on about." I said angrily and stood up out of my chair leaning over the table at her. Bruno grabbed my arm, so I sat back down. but Why is it whenever I got angry someone grabbed my arm. "Not really my place to say anything." She said while shoving some food in her mouth. What did she mean, she already said something, and she already started something. "Would you like to stay here, since you've got no place to go Isla?" Abuela said. My face went red with anger. She would give a random person a place to sleep, but not her own granddaughter. Instead she wants to kick her granddaughter out. I pushed my pate across the table and said "I've lost my appetite" I got up and walked out. While I was walking up the stairs I could hear Pepa shouting. "Mamá, why would you do such a thing. You're always finding ways to hurt y/n, you need to grow up and quickly. You're acting like how Bruno was when we got pet hamsters and he tried to kick mine out. That's exactly what you're doing with Y/n " She shouted. I could hear Bruno trying to change the subject talking about the hamsters, but I reached my room walked in and slammed the door shut.

I'm sat on my bed calming myself down, when I hear a knock. I don't say anything, I don't care who it is. "Please open the door y/n" it was someone I was least expecting, it was Dolores. Ever since Dolores revealed my secret months ago I had tried avoiding her. I don't know why I felt like it would be for the best. Even thought she practically saved my life.
She let herself in and came and sat on the bed next to me. She wrapped her arm around me and said "y/n I know the things you've been through, and I know how hard it's been. Isla showing up out of the blue couldn't have come at a worse time. I know you wasn't expecting it but she's here now, and by the looks of it she isn't really leaving. I don't know what's happened between you two, but I'm on your side. I heard what happened in the bathroom, I didn't tell anyone though because it's not my place." She sighed. "But I feel like I should've told someone, then maybe it wouldn't have came this far" she seemed like it was her fault. I hugged her and told her it wasn't her fault, none of it was.