Chapter nine

*amethyst*

Ok, so it turns out that I might need to go to the mental institution. Not because I wanted to, but because I needed to get away from Severin. Last night/this morning I had my worst nightmare ever. And it involved my fake, but totally real boyfriend. Who happens to be a boy friend. I'd never had a nightmare like that, especially about someone I just met. And what's worse? I feel like it's actually gonna happen, and he knows -shoot!- he knows where we live. Well, if you're gonna go down, you might as well do it fighting. Also, looks like I have to change my Cinderella plot that's based on this. Maybe... maybe Ethan can be the prince. Oh, right, you don't know who he is. Ethan is one of the few guys I don't despise. Here's what I have for the Cinderella story so far:

Ughh! Why did my father have to marry this witch? And, sadly, why did he leave me with her? Why didn't the wolf take me? When my dad left to go on a hunting trip, I begged to come. I was ten. I was daddy's little girl, and he couldn't refuse. I should have just stayed home. He wouldn't have died if I had. While we were hunting, I saw a wolf. It was such a pretty wolf, but looks can be deceiving. I walked up to the wolf without any caution. Daddy saw me and told me to stop, but I didn't listen, I just kept walking. I put my hand out and daddy pushed me back. The wolf attacked daddy and left me alone. I think daddy had scared the wolf, but no one will see it that way. They will see it as me being a stupid ten year old. Going after a wolf. When my daddy died in my arms, I cried until I fell asleep. Later, I don't how much time had passed, I felt a hand gently shove me. I opened my eyes to see a man looking at me with concern. "What's wrong, little girl?" he asked.

"My daddy died protecting me from a wolf. I didn't know it would attack, and it was so pretty," I answered.

"Oh, I'm soo sorry. What's your name?"

"Emily, in honor of my mother."

"What happened to your mother?"

"She died when I was one."

"Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry. Do you have any family?"

" I have stepmother and two stepsisters, plus a stepbrother."

"May I take you to them? I could help you deliver the... uhh... news."

"Thank you, but I shouldn't. Stepmother doesn't like me accepting help from people. Especially strangers. But thank you."

"Of course, are you hungry? I can at least give you some food." I nodded, and he led me to a horse that held some food. He gave me some bread and fruit. Then he gave me a ride to the border of my home/new prison. I thanked him again, then went inside to face the beast looking like a mess.

Present day

"EMILY!!! GET UP HERE NOW!!" my stepmother yelled. Stepmother thankfully woke me from another nightmare of that day. When I remembered where I was I got up. Great, another day of me having to serve her along with Macy, Tracy, and Jake. Every day since my dad died. Stepmother says it's to help, but it's definitely as punishment for me being related to her and the reason dad died. She'll never see the truth cause she doesn't search for it. She rarely tells the truth. I started making breakfast. Eggs, rice, and bacon(blech! I hate bacon). In fact, I think that's why stepmother eats it. "EMILY!!" I swear that woman loves to torment me, no matter what she says.

"Coming, Cathy!" I yelled back. I grabbed the food and headed upstairs. I opened the door to the dining room, only to be almost run over by Jake.

"Finally! What took you so long?" Cathy demanded.

         "I'm sorry, I couldn't find some of the necessary ingredients." Well, that was part of the problem. There was one upside to my life, when I turn eighteen in six months, I can leave this place and never come back. "Hello, Bentley." Bentley is my cat. He's also the last reminder of my true family. Apparently, funerals are too expensive so you have to sell off stuff. Since my stepmother blamed me, she made me sell off just about everything. Now, seven years later, and all I have is two nice outfits, eleven bad outfits, and a cat. The eleven outfits have to last me the entire school year. I wish I found the guy who helped me through my father's death or at least knew his name. I might have only met him once, but I remembered how nice he was to me, and it helped me through everything. After breakfast, I walked to school with Haley.