Chapter fifteen

*severin*
       How long has it been since I talked to Amethyst? I'm going crazy not knowing how she's doing. I've tried texting her, but she hasn't responded. I'm constantly worried about her, ughh!! What's she doing to me?? I've barely even thought of something other than her. I need to get a hold of myself. Besides, she's currently at Disney world having fun. I mean, I think... it's not like I stalk her of anything. I just happen to always know her general location. Maybe I should surprise her? I mean, look at her, she's having fun and im just sitting here.

She's stinking Mother Gothel! How cool is that? I'll tell you, very cool. She took this picture and I seized the moment to see how she was doing. I still don't know how she's doing and it's very frustrating. Maybe Elliot is having better luck with this. It really is annoying. She called me a friend and now she ignores me. What to do? What to do? She'll be back today. I'll see if I can catch her tomorrow.

The next day.

       Whew! I made it. It never ceases to amaze me how tiring it is to ride the bike for 30 minutes. I guess I should knock. Right? Well, too late now, I knocked. When she opened the door, I don't know what flashed across her face, but I don't think it was good, either way, she quickly recovered from it.

       "Hey, Severin. How are you? Whatcha doing here?" she asked.

       "I'm good, I thought I'd see how your trip to Disney world was," I responded.

       "Oh, it was really fun. I don't remember telling you about my trip."

       "You didn't, I saw your picture of your mother gothel outfit. It was really cool."

       "Thanks."

       This is plain awkward. "So... are you gonna tell me what's wrong or do I just need to assume that your declaration of me being your friend was fake?"

       "Well... I guess it's just kinda hard for me to explain. It's based off a recurring nightmare. I watch my sister die, then bolt up and watch the whole thing over until I can force myself awake. It's always the same person who does it to. I just feel like I'm putting my sister in danger, constantly. I'm scared for her, scared that it's my fault, and scared that I won't be able to save her. I'm sorry, that was probably more than you asked for."

       Wow. Talk about dramatic dreams or whatever. How do I comfort her? "No you're fine... Who did you see doing it in the nightmares, if I may ask?"

       "Well, that's the thing. I had just met them when the nightmares started. I don't think they would ever harm my family though. They're really nice and-"

       I cut her off. "It's me, isn't it? Why else would you keep all the information silent?" She didn't respond. "I figured as much. Well, I hope we can still be friends and you not hold that against me." With that I left.

An hour later.

       "I just can't believe she'd think that! I would never hurt her or her family! I'm insulted at her lack of trust! It was just a recurring nightmare!" I was livid.

       "Dude! Do you even hear yourself? She had just found out that she might be sent away and that night she got the feeling that something wrong was coming and then had the dream. I wouldn't blame her, in fact, I'd probably done the same thing. Plus, she's had it a lot, what was she supposed to think?" Elliot asked. Elliot, the one who keeps me partially sane.

       "You're right. I'm sorry, bro."

       "Don't apologize to me. Get some sleep and go back tomorrow." I was out before he finished the sentence.