Dog Fight

Hal and Carol get to the hangar bay with the other six pilots. Here we are shown more of Hal's normal life, he is bullied by his co-pilots for taking things slow and steady. The pissess Hal off the most is when they make fun of his dad, but Hal manages to cool himself down.

In the Hangar Bay they are met up by Willard, his staff, and the Military General, who he's trying to sell his product to.

Willard:

Our product is a remote controlled drone jet, made to replace the modern jets and the pilots that could get killed in them. To demonstrate, we at Ferris Airlines have selected our best pilots-

Hal's bullies chuckle.

Willard:

To reenact a dog fight simulation.

Carol leads the squadron of four pilots to "attack" the drones, which are being piloted by the other four pilots. Among Carol's four pilot squad is Hal. It seems to go normal at first, but this is when we, the readers, find out that like Hal's father's Jet the drones are heavily experimental. They go haywire and begin trying to kill Hal, Carol, and the other pilots. The demonstration went wrong and the pilot's that were controlling the drones left them locked on Carol's squadron. Due to them being experimental, they lost control and couldn't stop the other drones from being locked on the others. They did try to reboot the system, but that would take a long while. So now it was up to Carol's squadron to protect themselves. The drones were large and bulky but also quick and efficient, in an instant the other two pilots were shot down. They did try to escape through ejection but the drones wew ruthless, both pilots were left injured.

The reason why Carol and Hal survived was simply because they were the best, and Carol managed to destroy one while saving Hal. Whoever after she destroyed that one drone, the others saw her as an immediate threat and went straight after her. They almost shot her down, but that's when Hal figured out how to destroy one. This set the drones off course and sent them all flying at Hal. Now he has no idea what to do, his first plan was to divert the drones away from Carol, so she could fly to safety. But now that that's over maybe he should've thought ahead. The drones gun him down and he misses most of the shots, but is still badly damaged. To fly into hiding Hal flies above the clouds, even though he knows his jet would freeze at that kind of altitude. The drones find him but he also notices they would freeze too. With that knowledge Hal comes up with a plan. He flies up into the atmosphere with the drones tailing behind him. Once they are high enough the drones would freeze and stop functioning all together. Unfortunately not only would the drones freeze, but so would his jet.

Hal plummets back down to earth. He tries the emergency parachute, but the cockpit won't open. With no way out he's trapped, there's nothing he could do now but accept his fate.

In an instant everything stops, Hal slowly opens his eyes. In Front of him he sees the big blue and red man himself, Superman.

(This story would take place before Batman vs Superman.)

He flies Hal down to safety.

Superman:

Sorry I was a bit late. I was busy pulling a cargo ship away from the arctic.

Willard runs past Superman in fear.

Willard:

MY JET!!!

Superman:

Oh! I am so sorry about that, I'm still kinda new to this, I didn't think-

Willard:

JORDAN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!

Superman:

Ok... that's new.

Hal:

Sir those drones were unstable! If I hadn't intervened you would've lost your daughter.

Willard:

You cost me billions, Jordan!

You see this is when Superman would step in and attempt to calm Willard down. After successfully helping Willard keep his temper,, Hal thanks Superman for saving him.

Hal:
Hey, thank you by the way. You're a real hero, sir.

Superman smiles.

Superman:
Thank you! Glad to help.

Superman leaves after hearing a bank robbery in Metropolis.

Before Hal leaves, he watches as the other pilots, including Carol, are scolded by the other superiors. Hal and Carol are however left off the hook because Carol was shot down and all Hal did was save her. That just leaves the other pilots who were unjustly fired. Hal protests, but is threatened with demotion and/or the possibility of being fired himself.