On your feet poser!

Hal:

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIII-

As Hal falls he thinks to himself:

Hal:

FLY! GO UP! DO SOMETHING!!!

Hal closes his eyes and accepts his fate, but just then remembers his brother, his family, he then remembers Carol. He opens his eyes realizing that he can't die now and in order to live he has to fight. Hal calms himself, focuses and begins to levitate up, going from slow to fast. He flies past the Tomar-re and Kilowag

As they watch Hal fly Tomar-re asks Kilowag

Tomar-Re:

Did you know that would work?

Kilowog smiles then flies to Hal, with Tomar-re joining him.

Hal is taken to this arena-like area.

Tomar-Re:

As a part of your Lantern corps training you must learn how to defend yourself.

Kilowog pretends to grab something behind Hal while Tomar-Re talks to him.

Tomar-Re:

Your ring should alert you of any threat coming your way.

In Hal's ears only he begins to hear the ring beeping extremely fast. Hal looks down and asks Tomar if he could hear it too. In an instant Hal is shot in the back by a large non-lethal energy ball.

Tomar:

This particular threat's name is Kilowog.

Hal slowly turns and shuffles behind him quickly as the towering Bolvaxian walks over him with power.

Tomar:

He will be your training commander.

Kilowog scoffs at the sight of Hal. He's basically a drill sergeant if you need an idea of what he's like.

Kilowog:

On your feet poser!

Kilowog lends him a hand, but when Hal takes it he is immediately socked in the face, Hal gets up instantly.

Kilowog:

So... The ring of Abin-Sur chose you.

Hal:

That's what I've been told.

Kilowog:

Don't start thinkin too highly of yourself, just cause you got the best doesn't mean you are the best.

Kilowog sets himself far away from Hal.

Hal:

I was chosen by the ring, doesn't that mean something?

Kilowog:

Just because you have a ring it doesn't make you a Lantern.

Hal:

Well how exactly would I become a Lantern?

Kilowog:

You wanna be a Lantern, you gotta commit to the core!

Kilowog creates three large and blut disks and throws them at Hal. He's not fast enough to dodge it yet and ends up getting thrown back. He catches Hal with a giant hand construct and attempts to crush him, but Hal focuses and creates a bubble shield. For a moment it seems like Kilowog is impressed.

"Seems"

After some minor sparring practice, aka Hal getting his ass kicked by Kilowog, they are joined by more trainee lanterns.

Kilowog:

My Gods! I was told we were getting recruits, not a bunch of limp dick, sour note, dipshits

Kilowog:

I am Drill sergeant Kilowog, Green Lantern of Sector 674, you will only refer to me as drill sergeant.

Kilowog gets in front of a trainee.

Kilowog:

Identify yourself!

He goes down the line until he gets to Hal. Having been introduced to him earlier, Kilowog doesn't ask for an introduction from him. He has something different in mind.

Kilowog:

Where are you from, human!

Hal:

Earth, sir!

Kilowog:

Earth, I ain't never heard of Earth, you must be talking about dirt! Is that where you come from boy, are you from Earth!

Hal:

Well technically speaking we all come-

Kilowog:

SHUT YOUR MOUTH! I didn't ask you to tell me about biology! I asked you a simple yes or no question, now are you or are you not from Earth!

Hal:

SIR YES SIR!

With introductions out of the way, they begin the training. All of them including Hal get dumpstered on. Kilowog trains them mercilessly. For some odd reason it seems like he's working harder on Hal.